This looks interesting for someone on a tight pre amp budget

It is cheap for $250, especially posted 

But then it's just opamp based (4 x AD797 smd $2.50each) with an alps pot/input selector, power supply and case. They've done the right thing and dc coupled it throughout, because you can see the 4 x dc offset blue trimer pots for each opamp, be interesting to hear what it sounds like compared to some of the over priced preamps circulating around here.

They sell over there the same, but just the populated boards with Alps pot fee shipping  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MBL6010D-Preamplifer-finished-board-AD797-Capacitor-ALPS27-Potentiometer-/290941300013?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item43bd73ed2d

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

Just thought it looked as if it might be good value with plenty of space to improve the layout and do some mods if that takes ones fancy. The Audio-gd opamp replacements are well priced at around $12 per single replacement so you could end up with a fully discrete pre for less than $300.

I have a spare pre case lying around so may give this a try with the boards only option after I have finished building my Aikido ,even if only for the fun of playing around.