All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Fillumists, Billion Dollar Brain > The Man With Two Brains JJ
  3. Hi Songsters, Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? - Ramones JJ
  4. mikey d

The Ashes

A bit less nervous now.
  5. It sold poorly, why the epson rep told me they have no interest in a new native 4k machine and go with what sells instead. I hope he's wrong though. A native 4K laser with decent brightness and black levels would be a welcome competitor at the right price.
  6. Tsuyoshi Yamamoto... Autumn in Seattle. I don’t think the First Impression Music label exist anymore, certainly there hasn’t been any new releases for many years since founder passed away.
  7. Hi All, Finishing the day appropriately with an album from a Late Night Tales compilation by Metronony. Track Listing:- 1. "Prototype" Outkast 4:50 2. "Drunk" Tweet 3:29 3. "Cosmic Ball" SA-RA Creative Partners 2:46 4. "El Bozo" (Part 1) Chick Corea 2:23 5. "Blue Flowers" Dr. Octagon 2:45 6. "Cache Vocal" Lonzo & The World Class Wreckin Cru 3:08 7. "Hypnose" (Exclusive Jean Michel Jarre Cover Version) Metronomy 3:57 8. "Seabird" Alessi Brothers 3:08 9. "Fold4,Wrap5" Autechre 3:57 10. "Weather the Windmill" Mick Karn 2:45 11. "Eye In the Sky" The Alan Parsons Project 3:21 12. "Love Caboose" Geneva Jacuzzi 2:40 13. "You Are..." The Two Lone Swordsmen 3:42 14. "Cybernaut" Tonto's Expanding Head Band 4:16 15. "Forever" Pete Drake 2:25 16. "The Day (We Fell In Love)" Appaloosa 3:46 17. "Complainte pour Ste Catherine" Kate & Anna McGarrigle 2:32 18. "Winners Lose" Herman Dune 4:44 19. "Werewolf" Cat Power 5:59 20. "Lost for Words Pt.4" (Exclusive Spoken Word Piece) Paul Morley 10:09 JJ
  8. Yeah, how's the irony. Barrett was a butcher and this series has butchered his books.
  9. mikey d

The Ashes

Starting to get a bit nervous though.
  10. Terrified, petrified, mortified ... and I'll award a free audio grade pot to the first person to get the movie reference.
  11. I can hear Robert cursing from the grave. Plus the poster boy playing Les doesn’t look menacing to me. And Billy Dunne is a no from me also.
  12. cultfilman

The Ashes

Josh Hazlewood nails Bairstow immediately after lunch. That is what we wanted.
  13. Today
  14. Why drag Shirley into this conversation? .... and when did she become one of the skeptics?
  15. Welcome Eric! Enjoy the wonder that is SNA!
  16. I think you picked it early Jake. This is more like loosely inspired by the Les Norton books. And what happened to Loz and George Brennan ffs!
  17. Ive read the same fact regarding the polising technique using human hair. I cant remember the original source but a quick google has confirmed it via several links. The vinylengine site goes into some detail for those interested.
  18. The all FET headphone amp had two PSs it was being sold with (since withdrawn). Here is the inside of the linear PS. 3X 4700uf caps, high current bridge and some snubbing caps. Dead quiet PS.
  19. Yep, I always check first haha
  20. How does the OPPO compare to the other options out there? I am trying to avoid the lure of the Mojo.... but it is getting hard to avoid it. [emoji16]
  21. cultfilman

The Ashes

Wow the Pommies are back in this after we lost our discipline with the new ball. What went amiss? Suddenly we were missing that 6/7 mt length and gifting them runs. The pace and seam movement has gone out of this deck so were we looking for some swing? We need to regroup at lunch. This is still there to win.. one wicket leads to another.
  22. I just went around and tried a few on the list. Ended up with a pair of PMC fact 12's. (Not on the list) The signature is $34500 ATM but for me, they were absolute best before getting to the MB2SE. And I put my own money behind this statement. In short, IMO go audition these if your in that price bracket. (And bear in mind, no one ever pays retail, especially at this end of the spectrum)
  23. Hi Audiohippo, nice system and build. Can you tell me more about the feet you used for the rack?
  24. I am using it with its own dac, as otherwise it won’t play sacds ( well that was the case with my last one). I am getting a giant killer Russian kit dac made by a friend next year
  1. Load more activity
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SamEarnshaw
    Newest Member
    SamEarnshaw