1. START HERE

1. New Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community,

1. 236,648

Roon, TIDAL, Spotify, Qobuz, LMS, Amazon Music etc.

1. 267,707

1. 119,110

1. 48,419

1. Classifieds - 2-Channel Stereo

2-Channel related products: Turntables, Speakers, Sources, Cables, Amplifiers, Headphones etc.

Private advertisements for Video related products: Projectors, AV Receivers, Screens, Blu-ray Players, Lifestyle Audio etc

Private advertisements for Vinyl, CDs, Blu-ray, DVD etc.

Commercial advertisements from our sponsors - Special offers, Trade-ins and Promotions etc.

Private advertisements of all other items - Non HiFi and AV related products only.

Items to give-away? Travelling between two places? Let members know if you're willing to pick up and drop off goods.

1. 4,212
    4. StereoNET Home Entertainment Expo 2021

Pullman Conference & Event Centre. Albert Park, Melbourne.

www.stereonet.show

1. 49,684
    5. Official Facebook Group   (2,359 visits to this link)

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • New Topics

• Another vote for the Goldnote PH-10, covers your whole wish list. I use it with the PSU-10, but I have also heard good things about the PH-10 only.   There was also an Esoteric E-03 floating around on here recently second hand. Great build quality and dual input, not sure about the balanced output though    
    • Well from all the research I’ve done on various projectors, 4K/E isn’t as important to me as black levels, contrast and brightness. That being said I haven’t seen any video of the picture from 8200, but have for the 9300 and think it looks very good. I watched a comparison of 93/9400 and it wasn’t in English so I’m not sure which image was from which pj but there wasn’t a major difference in PQ to me and sometimes I preferred one over the other, but hard to judge when I couldn’t understand the bloke. One had a bit more natural color and slightly better tonal gradient perhaps.   That one is only pick-up anyway, so I’d have to see it in person. Yes true, it’s hard to judge without seeing them all, which is nigh on impossible when some of older models.   Anyway thanks for your advice.
    • its whether a concern going forward ? we are getting more and more with full bandwidth requirement   older again but perfectly suitable for blu-ray dvd fta tv and dont have to go uhd... but if going uhd id go whole hog current model rather than an older one that doesnt fully comply... with an older projector like this... seeing in person would be best... so can be happy with what getting. now old unit is probably had a few lamps since... check how many hours on current lamp ? is lamp an no name one or actual epson ?    yes and no... you want to achieve something in picture ... that comes at a cost .... jsut have to determine what happy with in picture and costs follows
    • Toots Thielemans - The Brasil Project.  
    • I bought myself a Rigol a few years ago with no complaints.  I read a few reviews and the EEVblog was definitely a great resource.  From memory the price might have been a little more than your listed value at the time.     The issue with it (and likely most others) is that if you're working the the audio domain with a MHz rated system that the FFT will scale accordingly and it's hard to narrow down to a limited bandwidth.  I don't recall whether it even has a THD measurement.  I actually used a combination of the digital oscilloscope and a PC/sound card with free measurement software for measuring my DIY amplifier.  The oscilloscope gave me high voltage behaviour and a look at the full spectrum and waveform, while the computer with soundcard let me filter and measure the 20-20kHz bandwidth with higher precision.  An oscilloscope with FFT can be a limited replacement for a spectrum analyser, but I did run into a few issues.  I'd happily get another Rigol though, from a reliability and ease of use perspective.
    • Yep, internal noise floors within the device influence measured levels in quieter environments.    However this seems to also play out in the frequency response. Correction curves can only go so far and end up amplifying noise floor as much as the sound pressure in regions where the response is poor.