GUIDELINES FOR USE OF THE CLASSIFIEDS
By posting or using this forum you agree to be bound by the guidelines and understand that at a Moderator or Administrator's discretion, inappropriate actions or misuse of this forum may result in your IP Address and Username being banned from this website.
- You may only list the same item ONCE in any Classified Forum, and never in multiple Forums simultaneously.
- All advertisements require moderator approval before being visible to the community, and MUST include an original photo of the item for sale. Note that Approval can take anywhere from 10 secs, to 10 hours or more, depending on the workload the non-Paid Moderator team have. The queue may be processed in order, reverse-order, or piecemeal as it's found - depending again on who looks it, and when. Please do NOT make phone calls, emails or reports to us to see when your ad will be approved, or assume you'll be done before someone else.
- This website accepts ONLY Australian / New Zealand origin advertisements offered for sale, and must be owned by the Seller.
- StereoNET encourages the use of Paypal only as payment method unless you are picking up the item for sale in person. Note we strongly do not recommend the use of Paypal Friends & Family payment, as it offers no protection for buyers/sellers.
This protects both the seller AND the buyer from fraudulent transactions (it does happen!).
Paypal is free to signup, but you must verify your account with a credit card before being able to receive payments (this also confirms your identity and address).
Paypal also includes Buyer Protection, and includes a Dispute Resolution system.
FORMAT FOR NEW POSTS/ADVERTISEMENTS:
Thread Title should be correctly formatted.
"FS: Insert Item Name Here" Typical For Sale Thread
"WTB: Insert Item Name here" Wanted to Buy - Please ensure this is posted in correct "Wanted to Buy" Subforum.
"EOI: Insert Item Name Here" For Expressions of Interest thread. - PLEASE NOTE - Expressions of Interest posts MUST include an asking price. Your thread will not be approved if you do not include a price.
You should fill out your advertisement with as much detail as possible. Please fill in all fields of the template, and do not include any mention of the price in the body of your ad other than the Price field, or your ad will not be approved.
* Pictures (note: original photos are now MANDATORY for approval of your ad.). There is a link and instructions at the bottom of your new Classified thread, that shows you how to attach them. They must be of your item you have for sale, although they can be mixed in with stock shots, if you wish. At least one photo should be of the actual item for sale, in your possession.
Please try and limit your photos to around 10 shots or less TOTAL - we would like to limit the amount of space we take up on our hosting servers.
if you have a few items, please use a separate template for each, or if you have multiple items to sell, consider listing them all in the one ad, but separated out with the info above included (description/price).
APPROVALS OF CLASSIFIEDS
Note that Approval can take anywhere from 10 secs, to 10 hours or more, depending on the workload the non-Paid Moderator team have. Please do NOT make phone calls, emails or reports to us to see when your ad will be approved. It will be done when it's done, and not a moment before.
DO NOT REPLY "PM Sent" - It is not permitted, and serves no purpose. The seller will already receive notifications that you have sent them a PM.
BUMPING / RELISTING OF ADS
Once you advertisement has EXPIRED automatically (After 14 Days) you can manually repost your advertisement.
The system automatically locks ads and tags them 'Expired' after 14 days.
Any ads submitted prior to 14 days and their original ad expiring will have them deleted, needless to say.
Bumping of advertisements is not permitted (and serves no purpose).
WHEN YOUR ITEM IS SOLD
On the top right-hand side of your post, please use the button "Mark as Sold".
Posts marked as 'Payment/Sold Pending' or similar will be considered as 'SOLD' and marked accordingly by the Mod team when seen.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- illegal or dangerous items - guns, knives, chemicals etc...
- items which breach copyright laws - copied movies, copied music, counterfeit products like handbags and watches
- electrical items built DIY or that may contain unauthorised electrical modifications unless ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER is included in advertisement.
- other items SNA Moderators consider either in questionable taste or inappropriate to offer for public sale
If any of these guidelines are not met, your thread will be deleted and due to time constraints, you may not receive any notification.
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.
- This forum is for use only by private (non-commercial) members, to sell their items.
- This forum is NOT for use by non-supporting retailers or distributors, or anyone selling bulk items for personal profit including bulk sales or drop ships.
Moderators reserve the right to question, edit, close, or disapprove any advertisement that does not comply with the above, or appears to be obviously selling an item imported from overseas for profit.
SPONSORS can post their items to the Commercial Classifieds forum.
WHITE-ANTING - Members posting nuisance replies (criticism of products or pricing either up or down, off topic discussions etc) will result in their posts being deleted, and possible warnings/suspension. You may not make any post which may potentially undermine the sale, including questioning the price being too cheap or too expensive, starting rumours about the provenance of the unit, adding negative comments to an advertisement in order to prevent it being sold or to create doubt as to the sellers intentions or actions. If you have concerns, either contact the Mod team, or contact the Seller by PM (only).
If you like the price of an advertised item, buy it. If not, simply move on.
Note our, Responding to Classifieds Listings that clarifies how not to respond and how not to respond, what not to post in a classifieds listing.
EMAIL ADDRESSES and PHONE NUMBERS are not permitted to be posted in threads.
All discussions shall take place either in the forums themselves or via Private Messages.
Private contact details will be removed to ensure privacy.
EXTERNAL LINKS to eBay auctions are not permitted
GROUP PURCHASE Ads are not permitted unless prior approval is sought from StereoNET Admin. Ask first.
SIGNATURES: Links to Classifieds Ads are not permitted in your Forum Signature.
PLEASE NOTE: it is up to the buyer and the seller to come to an agreement about all aspects of the transaction. It is very strongly advised that you discuss a DOA (dead on arrival) policy, whether the seller wishes to offer a limited warranty, and whether the item is to have insurance on shipping. Also, discuss who pays the insurance excess should a claim need to be lodged. It is not unreasonable to ask for a third party to inspect the goods prior to the sale if this is an interstate transaction. By common convention - if the item can be proven to work before it is dispatched and if it arrives undamaged, that is the end of the seller's responsibility.
'Flipping' is the practice of on-selling an item purchased on the StereoNET classifieds and re-advertising/selling the item for a profit via our Classifieds. While flipping is not in the spirit of the StereoNET community, it is not against the StereoNET website Rules and Guidelines. It is, of course, frowned upon by all within the community though and moderators may elect to no longer approve your advertisements if there is a clear history of flipping.
Please consider making a donation to this website. This site does cost a substantial amount of money to operate. We provide this website, and classifieds service to you free of charge. Donations are not compulsory but are a small contribution to our running costs (consider the fees and charges other sites charges you for this service). Please consider the fees and charges you avoid by using StereoNET to sell your item, compared to eBay and Paypal (10% fees or more).
Note that extended periods of large scale and long term selling by any member, without a reasonable contribution in-kind, will no longer be tolerated.
If you have sold an item, please visit here to make a donation. It is appreciated and goes a long way to reducing our costs.