Rocking Your Box
There are media players and then there is Strong’s High Definition Rock-Box.
Offered in both Dual and Quad Core formats, Strong says its Rock-Box promises to be the ultimate media player. After playing with our sample, we can say its good. Very good.
Rock-Box has built-in WiFi as well as LAN connection, a full web browser, Android apps and Widgets, file sharing via DLNA, video streaming and multimedia playback.
The feature list is long and includes:
- Play HD movies, music and photos on your HD TV
- Dual and Quad Core versions with Android operating system
- Access Google Playstore for apps, games movies etc
- Connects to RJ45 LAN and any other LAN enabled devices, ideal for NAS multimedia systems
- Has a rotatable, non-detachable WiFi antenna
- Watch multimedia file via USB or Micro SD card, plays virtually any file format
- Suitable for XBMC and other media apps
- 1GB or 2GB RAM, with 8GB or 16GB storage versions
- Built-in Bluetooth and microphone, great for Skype
- Supports Android games, MAME and Retro game emulators
- Multiple ouputs: HDMI, composite
- MEPS power saving in standby
The Strong Rock-Box STRB2 is $169 RRP and STRB4 $299 RRP.
For more information visit Strong Australia.
One of the veterans of the Australian HiFi industry, if there's a speaker he's likely heard it or owned it at some point in his career.. Peter was formally the audio-video editor of the Herald Sun for over two decades.
MORE ON STEREONET
Bluesound has continued to set standards and go where no other wireless audio brand has gone. We take a closer...
Two of the audio industry’s most enduring American brands, Capitol and Klipsch, have just announced a...
KEF's now legendary LS50 loudspeaker have been given a makeover, and then some. Available now, the LS50 is now...
It was only a few shorts years ago, that Logitech's Squeezebox had the market sewn up for compact, streaming...
As you move up the audio hierarchy and away from the budget vinyl spinners and gravitate to the mid-priced and...