Trusted Australian brand Strong, has launched a nicely priced twin-tuner HD digital video recorder with a built-in Blu-ray player.
As well as doing HD MPEG-4, the $379 SRT6500 can record three programs while you’re watching another (from two networks). Supported video resolutions include 1080p/i/720p and 576p/i.
TV programs can be recorded on the Strong’s hefty 500GB hard drive. Another great addition is the option of using an external 1TB hard drive and support for NFTS and Fat32 protocols.
Other key features include:
- Key word search and Smart Series record (with auto padding)
- One touch recording via 7-day Electronic Program Guide
- Pause and rewind live TV
- Internet Radio and Network sharing via WiFi or LAN
- Multimedia support via USB, AVI, DivX, MKV, MOV, JPEG, WMA and more
- Multiple outputs: HDMI, Component,Optical Digital Out
- Record and playback Closed Captions, MPES Power Saving in Standby, Parental Lock
- Multi-region Bluray player
For more information visit Strong Australia.
One of the veterans of the Australian HiFi industry, Peter was formerly the Audio-Video Editor of the Herald Sun for over two decades. One of the most-respected audio journalists in Australia, Peter brings his unparalleled experience and a unique story-telling ability to StereoNET.
MORE ON STEREONET
The web has been full of stories on how to play FLAC files on an iPhone this week. It's not all true. Here’s...
McIntosh is looking ahead and covering all the bases for the next generation of audiophiles and music lovers....
The wait is over for Chord Electronics' POLY, the ultimate upgrade for the MOJO Portable Headphone Amplifier...
There’s two products that I’ve really, really enjoyed in recent times. KEF’s LS50 Wireless, still the...
Australian brand, Hulgich Audio's second creation and the second review for Hulgich on StereoNET. At an...