accuphase or yamaha

Guest Clarence
On 14/03/2016 at 1:11 AM, Hydrology said:

Luxman or Accuphase would be a good option.

Yes, this would have been a closer ask. There's really no way to talk about Yamaha vs. Accuphase. I personally voted an Accuphase/Dynaudio rig one of two of the best at show at the 2011 Warszawa Hi-Fi Show in Poland. Yamaha wasn't going to do that.

All the best. I do still have my Yamaha tape deck from the 90's and still adore it.

On 26/01/2017 at 10:13 PM, fdhfdy said:

I heard a few yamaha amps in a local store and think they are nice.

E260 is around AU $ 4000 IN HONGKONG OR CHINA AND ITS 220vs there is no need for the step down thing therefore?

http://m.intl.taobao.com/search/search.html?q=Accuphase e260

For integrated amp like e260, there is a difference of voltage versions between 220v and 230v and so the 220v version is not strictly appropriate for use here in Australia.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried different speakers but still a bit bright for me,myaudio found his bright too and I found one other guy online say his was too but no-one say the as2100 to be bright,maybe have to look at that one

On 5/13/2017 at 2:43 AM, Micky Jim said:

I realise this is an old thread but I would have to say that the OP is experiencing much higher resolution and detail levels with their new amp. I believe this is the amp he upgraded from.

images-1.jpg

This looks like the typical cheap Japanese amp that made buying Bright Speakers a requisite. Now you have a detailed transparent amplifier of good quality, theres a good chance you are hearing the speakers as they really are.

2 hours ago, fenda said:

Tried different speakers but still a bit bright for me,myaudio found his bright too and I found one other guy online say his was too but no-one say the as2100 to be bright,maybe have to look at that one

I wouldn't go moving up the chain if I were you, if you don't like the 1100 chances are very good you won't like the 2100 either. Sounds like it is time to change either the speakers or to a smoother amp.

Older speakers can often have tweeters which are on the harsh side (especially cheaper ones), and those low end Technics amps are nothing to write home about (treble reproduction far from accurate / realistic) - may have done a good job of mellowing out the speakers as others have suggested. You didn't suggest which "other" speakers you tried either, it's possible they may have been just as bad.

That's not to say that the 1100 is the right amp for you but I suspect the real problem here is the speakers. Yamaha are known for being relatively neutral and having fairly realistic reproduction, so while it's fair to not like one, if it seems particularly bad then it's likely the problem is elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jakeyb77

If you don't rate the Yamaha compared to the Technics you had then I'd suggest saving your cash and buying this.:sarc:

IMG_0965.JPG

Edited by jakeyb77

• 4 weeks later...

This certainly gives me some concern however will judge once I have heard with my own ears. I have shortlisted integrated amps for my Harbeths and A-S2100 is part of that list to demo.

It's even suggested by Harbeth forum members so definitely this can't be that "bright"...? Let's see

Guest jakeyb77
37 minutes ago, MusicHaven said:

This certainly gives me some concern however will judge once I have heard with my own ears. I have shortlisted integrated amps for my Harbeths and A-S2100 is part of that list to demo.

It's even suggested by Harbeth forum members so definitely this can't be that "bright"...? Let's see

Unless you require balanced output I would go for the 1100

Would the AS1100 have enough "good" power to drive a pair of ML1's to solid potential? - I've got an AS501, i'm sure it'll be ok for the interim but... I really like my Yammy gear and would love to move up to the as1100 not move away from the brand...

Edited by JoshG

8 hours ago, JoshG said:

Would the AS1100 have enough "good" power to drive a pair of ML1's to solid potential? - I've got an AS501, i'm sure it'll be ok for the interim but... I really like my Yammy gear and would love to move up to the as1100 not move away from the brand...

In my opinion, yes.