Well finally after eight years of anticipation we all finally got to see ..............

Nothing!

The day isn't over yet and we may need to wait for the European time zone, so perhaps something much later or the early hours of tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything.

That aside the countown now says "soon".

A few snippets that showed up around the net are indicating the album release to be 11th of November and there was a video of song with only a shot of the album cover with the title. That video seems to now be missing.

There appear to be 12 tracks and one is Sadness Pt 2. Sadness Pt 1 is the original song (1st song) released that rocketed up the charts and made Enigma what it is today. It's taken 26 years for P2 to appear.

1. Circle Eight | featuring Nanuk

2. The Omega Point

3. Diving

4. The Die Is Cast | featuring Mark Josher

5. Mother | featuring Anggun

6. Agnus Dei

7. Sadeness Pt. II | featuring Anggun

8. Lost In Nothingness

9. Oxygen Red | featuring Anggun

10.Confession Of The Mind

11.Absolvo

12.Amen | featuring Aquilo

See what happens next, it's more likely to be pre release orders and a preview at some point.

Edited by ENIGMA

It's unveiled.

There will be normal, deluxe and super duluxe CD and vinyl with artwork.

Release is 11 November and you can preorder now.

The look and feel of this album seems right and there is a bridge back to the first album. I haven't heard any samples yet but looking at the amount of work put into this album it shouldn't disappoint.

Preorder is also on iTunes and it's showing 48 tracks with the extra content.

Eighth chapter has begun.

post-106944-0-85851600-1470691525.jpeg

Edited by ENIGMA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This album is a parable of modern life. 

The fall of a rebel Angel - Michael Cretu in a short video mentions how sometimes people fall out of their normal lives............

Three chapters revealed, the work that has been put into revealing the stories behind each song has been enriching. We have deliberatley been taken on a twelve week journey. 

Teasers are short 30 to 60 seconds long. 

Samples provided appear not from the main album  but from a story album accompanying the main album.  

So far the little music revealed is immersing, calming and very appealing, this is not an album it is a story in music, words and painting. Special work has been put into this and it will be nine more weeks before we understand the full story of E8.

This is certainly exciting and may be his best work. 

Chapter one, journey to circle eight. 

image.jpeg

Ride on Geryon's back to travel from circle seven to circle eight. 

Edited by ENIGMA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well,

tomorrow is the day, finally eight years from the last album the eighth enigma album will be released. The last three months of teasers has been well orchestrated and I liked how Michael explained each song and the story behind the vocalists, poetry and artwork. There has been thought and quality in all of this.  

You can sample it now on iTunes and sadeness part two is already fully released including the video.  

The album is quite rich in sound and many tracks have a very strong bass, the enigma DNA is all there.  

I need to hear the album fully and as it flows to really immerse myself in it, all the songs are a story and Michael literally made it by starting at song one and working to the last track. 

The music - I love it. Aquillo,s vocals on the last song called Amen is practically the best vocal of all on the entire 8 enigma albums. The only song not how I expected or wanted is sadeness pt2. I have warmed up to it now and was really looking forward to it being a continuation of the first but in my opinion the sound of the organ connects more with song rivers of belief on the first album than sadeness pt1. Also, pt two for me was what happened after waking up in part one - I don't get the link, I do like though. 

The feel and sound is pure enigma, rich with effects, notes, voices if you enjoy the first three albums you will also like this album. 

The story - fall of a rebel Angel - Eternal life and a new beginning. Sometimes people fall out of their lives and lose themselves, this album is the story of that, evaluation and self determination of a new life. The songs go from leaving your current state, freezing/escaping your past, casting a new path, not turning back, absolving yourself and a new beginning. 

How interesting - this can be anyone one of us but I wasn't expecting this story to be the eighth enigma album. 

Why I find it interesting for me, my first post before I even knew anything about this albums story or name says it all. Where am I now? Well, I recently returned from a wonderful trip around Italy and had the chance to drift away, I returned to work with a new boss that reversed all the bad things my old boss did. I have my staff back, my responsibilities back, my identity of who I was back. 

The release each week of each song is a moment of my holiday - when I hear the song I know exactly where I was at that moment. When I discovered what the story was, I had the chance to reflect and follow where it was taking me as it unfolded. Incredible how this album is yet to be fully released tomorrow and it already has become a part and moment of my life just like the others. 

Time to freeze the past and start a new beginning. Amen. 

Edited by ENIGMA
  • Like 2

Finally yesterday was the day all was released. 

Enigma fans are not going to be disappointed, it is an amazing album with lots of cues to the first three albums and even E7 which was a surprise. 

The previous 3 months of teasers and insight into the story was fantastic but it was nothing to playing the album from end to end. The feel was very different with lots to reveal, it flows well and well and truly is what Enigma has always been. 

Was it worth waiting 8 years for? Definatley, it does not disappoint in my view. I really love this album on the first play. 

I have not included any samples on this post, but it's all out there for you to find. Explore and see for yourself, I hope many of you that like this genre enjoy it as much as I do. 

E.

Edited by ENIGMA
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

On 19/01/2017 at 5:56 PM, Tubularbells said:

So it appears the vinyl version is now available however the question is do I jump onboard now or wait for the rumored  super deluxe hmmmmm

Damn.... I hate vinyl....I love vinyl.... Now I'm the same as you.... Maybe we should ask the label re the deluxe?

M

• 1 month later...