Gieseler Audio

Gieseler Power Supply owners thread

Hi Adam,

yes my Triple PSU should be fine to run those devices. I would need full tech specs of the three devices including connector size/polarity & current/voltage requirements so I could pre configure everything first.

PM me the info & I'll confirm it is all workable.

The Teddy Pardo PSU's are excellent so it is strange that it did not work with the Mini PC. You definitely need to make sure the polarity is correct first though.

Greg - great to know the new psu has improved things.

Cheers Clay 

amisty   

Hello, Going to put it straight out their!

Has anyone noticed or will there be an improvement over the original PSU that comes with the normal version of the Klein DAC? cheers

~Spyne~   

This has been mentioned before, several times throughout the Gieseler threads...the Klein DAC runs off AC power. Clay's LPSU outputs DC power. The two are not compatible.

Jventer   

IMO we need to flesh this out a bit.

AFAIU The Klein DAC has its own power supply. Clay does not want to stuff around with 220 to 240V so he uses an external power supply. This plugs into the normal supply and then feeds the DAC whatever it needs in AC.

The power supply he does work on the same principle. There is a power pack that woks on normal power and then feeds the power supply some AC volts. The power supply then cleans it up etc etc etc and then can feed other equipment DC power.

His Klein DAC is not designed to work from his power supply.

petersv   

Just purchased Tarkan's Gieseler LPS and using it with a Wyred4Sound Remedy... holly crap did it make a difference! Almost as much as the Remedy itself (between a Sonos Connect and an Audiolab MDAC).. didnt ever think that a PSU could ever have this much impact on audio quality, but it is massive... best price/sq improvement ratio ever

Edited by petersv

thewaves   

Hi Clay - I now have my revised PSU so as soon as I can get the new system up and running I'll let you know what kind of improvement we see!

Hi Gareth,

it will take a little while for the new caps to run in a bit but it will certainly be interesting to see if you notice a difference.

amisty   

Was hoping someone could help regarding power supplies or guide be some where, just bought a project carbon TT and uses a AC power supply it terribly noisy and vibrates it shocking was hoping to buy a better one or a silent one? its a 16V 50Hz i think 1500mA any help much appreciated.

No a good quality external transformer should be fairly quiet, usually just a dull buzz when next to your ear.,

amisty   

No a good quality external transformer should be fairly quiet, usually just a dull buzz when next to your ear.,

Ok thanks Clay that tells it stuffed then!! can u recommend something "audiophile-ish" or just get another original one?

Is it the Pro-ject RPM 3Carbon?

I have just downloaded the specifications on that one & it saying the PSU is 15v .8A DC. (not AC)

http://decibelhifi.com.au/pro-ject-rpm-3-carbon-turntable/

I actually manufacture a low noise DC output PSU that meets that specification & would be an Ideal upgrade over the original.

Being a turntable It is hard to say just how much of a difference you would notice though.

Maybe just recheck your current PSU/plug-pack & see if the output is AC or DC. Also the exact model of the turntable would be a help.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

A ha that explains it perfectly. Yes maybe just buy another original. I don't know anyone who supplies a better type external 16v transformer in a box. The audiophile stuff is all DC out so unsuitable.

Just received mine in the mail today.  All hooked up, waiting a bit before I post any comments.  I must say the unit is extremely well put together and the adapter box is HUGE!!  It is now part of my digital front end. FiiO X5 II, hooked up to a FiiO K5 headphone amp/dock.

post-150402-0-89889100-1469512258_thumb.

Jonny   

Got the Gieseler PSU running with my Auralic Mini and I must say the improvement in SQ is quite noticeable. Increased clarity for sure! very happy with the sound, a great upgrade. Thanks Clay! 

I'm another very happy Gieseler PSU owner. Just received mine for an Acoustic Revive R-888. There was an immediate improvement followed by more after a day or so powered up. 

I have to thank Clay for the excellent service and advice. The whole thing, from initial interest to working up a few special needs to getting it across Australia took less than a week. It doesn't get better than that!

SN