Gieseler Power Supply owners thread

Gieseler Audio

Hi Adam,

yes my Triple PSU should be fine to run those devices. I would need full tech specs of the three devices including connector size/polarity & current/voltage requirements so I could pre configure everything first.

PM me the info & I'll confirm it is all workable.

The Teddy Pardo PSU's are excellent so it is strange that it did not work with the Mini PC. You definitely need to make sure the polarity is correct first though.

Greg - great to know the new psu has improved things.

Cheers Clay 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IMO we need to flesh this out a bit.

AFAIU The Klein DAC has its own power supply. Clay does not want to stuff around with 220 to 240V so he uses an external power supply. This plugs into the normal supply and then feeds the DAC whatever it needs in AC.

The power supply he does work on the same principle. There is a power pack that woks on normal power and then feeds the power supply some AC volts. The power supply then cleans it up etc etc etc and then can feed other equipment DC power.

His Klein DAC is not designed to work from his power supply.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased Tarkan's Gieseler LPS and using it with a Wyred4Sound Remedy... holly crap did it make a difference! Almost as much as the Remedy itself (between a Sonos Connect and an Audiolab MDAC).. didnt ever think that a PSU could ever have this much impact on audio quality, but it is massive... best price/sq improvement ratio ever

Edited by petersv
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping someone could help regarding power supplies or guide be some where, just bought a project carbon TT and uses a AC power supply it terribly noisy and vibrates it shocking was hoping to buy a better one or a silent one? its a 16V 50Hz i think 1500mA any help much appreciated.

No a good quality external transformer should be fairly quiet, usually just a dull buzz when next to your ear.,

Ok thanks Clay that tells it stuffed then!! can u recommend something "audiophile-ish" or just get another original one?

Is it the Pro-ject RPM 3Carbon?

I have just downloaded the specifications on that one & it saying the PSU is 15v .8A DC. (not AC)

http://decibelhifi.com.au/pro-ject-rpm-3-carbon-turntable/

I actually manufacture a low noise DC output PSU that meets that specification & would be an Ideal upgrade over the original.

Being a turntable It is hard to say just how much of a difference you would notice though.

Maybe just recheck your current PSU/plug-pack & see if the output is AC or DC. Also the exact model of the turntable would be a help.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

• 3 months later...

Just received mine in the mail today.  All hooked up, waiting a bit before I post any comments.  I must say the unit is extremely well put together and the adapter box is HUGE!!  It is now part of my digital front end. FiiO X5 II, hooked up to a FiiO K5 headphone amp/dock.

post-150402-0-89889100-1469512258_thumb.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Got the Gieseler PSU running with my Auralic Mini and I must say the improvement in SQ is quite noticeable. Increased clarity for sure! very happy with the sound, a great upgrade. Thanks Clay! 

• Like 1

I'm another very happy Gieseler PSU owner. Just received mine for an Acoustic Revive R-888. There was an immediate improvement followed by more after a day or so powered up. 

I have to thank Clay for the excellent service and advice. The whole thing, from initial interest to working up a few special needs to getting it across Australia took less than a week. It doesn't get better than that!

SN

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just ordered one of Clay's LPS' to run an ultraRendu. I'll be using it in Europe (220V). 

A couple questions come to mind:

1. Can I feed the LPS with the SMPS UpTone sent me for the Regen? (22W/7.5V/2.93A)

2. If it does work, would there still be a reason to buy something better? 

(I understand the SMPS isn't the worst in kicking noise back into the mains.)

...Shame that I then wouldn't be able to try running both together. 

I won't be able to try until I get back to Europe later in January. I ask in case I need to order something else.  

I'm looking forward to getting back to Europe and setting all this up. 

Just clarifying

1. you want to power my LPS with the UpTone SMPS that came with the Regen?

No that won't work as my LPS needs a 9v AC input.  

The UpTone SMPS has a DC output so it is not suitable.

Also just checking on your  LPS order - when was that sent?

Thanks

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Ah, silly me! 

I think your LPS has already arrived in Freo. I am currently travelling on the east coast. So I won't be able to pick it up for another month.. and won't be able to use it until the end of January. 

Clay - could you recommend something for me?

i thought there might be one people have had good results with... perhaps one that doesn't kick much junk back into the mains. 

I'd be much obliged! ?

Luke

Another follow up for Clay - if I may...

iFi's iPower only seems to come as AC/DC adapters. Unless I missed something?

looking for AC/AC adapters seems much harder to source... much less a 'quality' one.

One with an EU plug that I'm looking at is this:

(.. edit - found one that looks better..)

Very nice regulation
Low-disturbance noise, but more heavy
Very low-ripple and noise
Short-circuit
Thermal cutoff capability
Customized requirements are accepted
Larger size than switching power supply
Used for antennas, fans, radios, video, toys, aquariums, desk lamps and LED lamps

High-efficiency: consumption, meets US Energy Star, CEC, AS, MEPS, EUP and ERP
Lightweight and convenient plug in
IP20 rating
High-reliability
Low-temperature

Specifications

Not what you’re looking for? Select the attributes you require, then click the button below
Output Voltage 9 V ac
Output Current 1.5A
Plug Type 2-Pin Euro
Power Rating 14W
Ripple And Noise 100
Energy Efficiency Level IV
Load Regulation ±5
Line Regulation  ...
±1%

Clay, would this work?

very happy to take suggestions on anything better - from anyone ?

Edited by vegan
Found a better ac/ac adapter