Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest Hensa

Are these a decent TT? Would it be a step up from the Project Debut Carbon DC?

They are pretty good but  not up there with the best Japanese direct drives. Maybe an upgrade from the Project but not significant. Biggest limiting factor is that it takes p-mount cartridges rather than standard 1/2" mount so very limited choices on cartridges. Second limiting factor is that Technics have a very strong support base so this will not be cheap being a pretty rare and collectible turntable.

Have to say, the ad is great - love the picture still on the TV of the Technics 1210!

Edited by Hensa

• Volunteer

They are pretty good but  not up there with the best Japanese direct drives. Maybe an upgrade from the Project but not significant. Biggest limiting factor is that it takes p-mount cartridges rather than standard 1/2" mount so very limited choices on cartridges. Second limiting factor is that Technics have a very strong support base so this will not be cheap being a pretty rare and collectible turntable.

Have to say, the ad is great - love the picture still on the TV of the Technics 1210!

I thought it might be a rare model, will no doubt go above what I would want to spend at the moment, so I'll just watch the proceedings.  :thumb: :lol:

@aasza: Remember the Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus ebay listing you posted in the old great ebay buys thread. Do you know who won the auction for that listing and do you still have the link to that listing such as the seller? I'm very very interested in knowing who in Australia won such a rare and special piece of gear which I think is a first in Australia. 

Edited by DefQon

Guest Hensa

[QLD] Don't know why it says "Item condition: Brand New", but anyway the starting price is reasonable:

ME Preamp & 75 Power Amplifier Starting bid: AU $499.99

I think I remember seeing these previously but at a higher starting price. Is that an ME25 or something older?

edit: this is where I saw them before - $1800 on their own website http://audiooutlet.com.au/shop/pre-owned-hi-fi-amplifiers-av-recievers/preamp-75-power-amplifer/

The ME25 and 75 sold for only $625 - a hell of a bargain for someone!

The ME25 and 75 sold for only $625 - a hell of a bargain for someone!

Damn. Was watching this and missed the end of the auction.  An absolute dead set steal worth well over double that.

Damn again.