Sicario Wow

They didn't think such a skinny girl would convincingly make a tough female warrior did they? When she turned out so hopeless it made all the sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When my son had his car shot at and he called the police, I was expecting some serious heavily armed police to come around, they were heavily armed in bullet proof uniform but not what I expected......let's say I should call the cops more...:P

• Like 1

When my son had his car shot at and he called the police, I was expecting some serious heavily armed police to come around, they were heavily armed in bullet proof uniform but not what I expected......let's say I should call the cops more...:P

Hey we're talking about Aussies cops...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hot girl cops, love it.

They had to secure the evidence and waited till the vehicle was impounded, took an hour, so you learn that ones a rookie and the other a young mum, I'm so sure if there was a real scene in action these two wouldn't be sent to such confronting situations, they were there to say back to HQ that there is likely to be a bullet in that door!

• Like 1

I watched this the other night - not bad, but not great. 

I thought Emily Blunt's character was a bit limp, and her one night stand was both hard to contemplate and somewhat lost in the overall storyline. A number of segments were poorly linked and a little hard to follow. Some of the action scenes were interesting and certainly the ending was unexpected, although a little gratuitous. As for being 'realistic', I can't really comment, as I have never worked in this field. I couldn't really relate with any of the characters, although Del Toro's acting was solid.

Still, worth watching.

I watched this the other night - not bad, but not great. 

I thought Emily Blunt's character was a bit limp, and her one night stand was both hard to contemplate and somewhat lost in the overall storyline. A number of segments were poorly linked and a little hard to follow. Some of the action scenes were interesting and certainly the ending was unexpected, although a little gratuitous. As for being 'realistic', I can't really comment, as I have never worked in this field. I couldn't really relate with any of the characters, although Del Toro's acting was solid.

Still, worth watching.

I would never say no to Emily Blunt....she'll be my queen....:P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Sime

Just now watched this again, but this time on Blu-Ray instead of an iTunes rental.

Incredible sound effects on this one, and such a tense film even when you know what's going on.

Great stuff.

• 8 months later...

• 10 months later...

Nup, it’s already turned Del Turo into a super hero to be unleashed, so it’s main selling point that made sicario a hit, subtly, has been destroyed just by looking at that trailer. 

8 hours ago, Sime said:

Nup, it’s already turned Del Turo into a super hero to be unleashed, so it’s main selling point that made sicario a hit, subtly, has been destroyed just by looking at that trailer. 

I thought the same too, but I think this is just the trailer and the marketing machine trying to sell this as an action flick, which I'm confident it isn't. 

• 6 months later...

Saw it last night interesting - same brooding foreboding as the first one , but perhaps never quite gets into top gear. 

At at a pinch it is perhaps not as much as action the first, bit more talking perhaps 

JB and BDT are good in their roles 

• 3 months later...
On 28/12/2017 at 9:18 AM, Kaynin said:

Sicario 2...can't wait!  Hopefully it won't get the Hollywood makeover and stays realistic.  USA release date of 29.06.18 -

It pains me to say that it did get the Hollywood makeover and is far from realistic.  It's an okay watch, but overall, if you don't see it then you're not missing much because you've seen it all before.  I doubt I'll even bother with #3, which was set-up at the end...  {rolls eyes}