QAC Audio trip of Asia

greenie512

yeah, read that too! thanks

just wanted to know specifically if you heard the acutus sp reference tt teamed up with vtl electronics?

also, the tidal speakers?

and the avant gardes through the audio note gear at the adelphi.

thanks!

Yes I had quite a nice little session at Sound Decisions with the VTL’s but I think the music was via streaming audio rather than the beautiful Avid TT’s and the speakers were German Physiks omnidirectional speakers which I really quite liked – see pics - the other guys were in the next demo room doing home theatre stuff.

Cecil Tan and the guys at The Audio Note Store [hifi.com.sg] were really welcoming and helpful, there must have been million of dollars’ worth of the AN gear in there. I’m not sure why but in the very large listening room at the rear of the shop the Avant Gardes and top line Audio Note amps sounded flat and uninspiring but we really didn’t rev the system up to the level necessary to fill such a large space.

I don’t think I saw the Tidal speakers at the show, I’ve just had a quick look through the show guide and couldn’t spot them??

Sorry I cannot give you a detailed review of any of this gear but these shows do tend to get busy/hectic and a blur.

That fourth picture with the yellow horns! was from a little Hifi shop somewhere near"chinatown" in Singapore and when I asked the owner what brand were they, he siad there were locally made speakers and they sounded pretty good too.

post-105731-0-03500900-1442140860_thumb.

post-105731-0-11228200-1442140883_thumb.

post-105731-0-51684800-1442140892_thumb.

post-105731-0-61807500-1442140905_thumb.

• Like 2

awesome!

thanks for the additional info. love the look of the avid tt.

vtl i have heard before - always sounds pretty good. 7.5 mk3 is a great pre, i think a quite higher level than those 450 monos.

i think the tidals are the ones with the black leather mice on top of them.

sounds like a great audio-voyeur's tour was had!

adelphi would not be a good place for me.... :P

best for me just to look at the pics.