Tannoy westminster se build

tvcollector

They weigh close to 160kg id say not lite. 

Well the stage we have all been waiting for. i definitely wasnt ready for how dark they were going to look once cleared but they look pretty good alot darker then I wanted but nothing i can do now. What do you think? Even the front im a bit disappointed because the veneer isnt as striking as i wanted but then again we will see once they are out in the sun or a lighter room. even though they look shinny the clear is satin finish so they will look more natural once dry. Cant wait to see them monday arvo. 

received_10213702412420739.jpeg

received_10213691458106888.jpeg

received_10213702411940727.jpeg

received_10213702412180733.jpeg

received_10213702412060730.jpeg

received_10213702412580743.jpeg

received_10213702413020754.jpeg

received_10213702413700771.jpeg

received_10213702413820774.jpeg

received_10213702414140782.jpeg

• Like 9

12 hours ago, tvcollector said:

They weigh close to 160kg id say not lite. 

Well the stage we have all been waiting for. i definitely wasnt ready for how dark they were going to look once cleared but they look pretty good alot darker then I wanted but nothing i can do now. What do you think? Even the front im a bit disappointed because the veneer isnt as striking as i wanted but then again we will see once they are out in the sun or a lighter room. even though they look shinny the clear is satin finish so they will look more natural once dry. Cant wait to see them monday arvo. 

The colour looks great.

Gives them more of an Art Deco charm about them.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother.

Never an easy time, I lost my Father just last year so understand how difficult it is.

I wish the best for you and your Father.

• Like 2

I agree with Marty. the colour looks fantastic. Looks more like vintage furniture and gives them a stately "ive been around longer than you" vibe.

Phenomenal effort and im looking forward to seeing them in you room with some tunes belting out of them!

• Like 1

I like the grey ones, but that would depend on the room they are in. Grey for me as the carpet is grey/black as well as black gear, mostly.

Mission brown or green would not "do it" like the grey and darker shade.

Beautiful Build Congratulations I'm a light shade of green with envy

Sorry for the lack of updated Have had some emotional days latley finding it hard without mum so have only got to see the cabinets cleared in person today  here they are they have lightened up and are smooth as silk. Im hoping to get them home on friday arvo will keep you all posted. 

received_339419426518334.jpeg

received_339419419851668.jpeg

received_339419369851673.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks everyone!!!  When i first decided to build these speakers everyone thought i was mad and i almost didnt because i doubted myself as i had never taken on something so complex then i got all the timber and i was committed, it took me 6 months procastinating and looking at the timber at work thinking what have i done i cant do this but one arvo i said to myself time to just start whats the worst that can happen i stuff them up or cant do them. and even halfway through i almost gave up but pushed myself and now after 1 and a half years im almost ready to enjoy an amazing set of speakers im very proud of. I still cant beleive i built these so anyone out there with a dream whats the worst that can happen just go for it you mite surprise yourself i have! sometimes we just have to take the plunge to realise what we are capable of. 

• Like 14