Gieseler Audio

KLEIN DAC SPECIAL EDITION

naggots   

After reading that Clay noticed a positive difference when adding an AQ Jitterbug to the Klein, I added one to my Mac Mini setup. I've noticed some changes. The presentation is not as edgey but still holds the detail and soundstage. I don't know what jitter sounds like but this may be it in my system. Overall a positive result for me. The main difference between the std Klein and the SE was this slightly brighter presentation with a little with more bass heft and taller soundstage. The Klein SE is on weekend duties pumping out chilled tunes for 10hrs at a time and it sounds wonderful. Thanks Clay.

Curious USB Cable next

scumbag   

After reading that Clay noticed a positive difference when adding an AQ Jitterbug to the Klein, I added one to my Mac Mini setup. I've noticed some changes. The presentation is not as edgey but still holds the detail and soundstage. I don't know what jitter sounds like but this may be it in my system. Overall a positive result for me. The main difference between the std Klein and the SE was this slightly brighter presentation with a little with more bass heft and taller soundstage. The Klein SE is on weekend duties pumping out chilled tunes for 10hrs at a time and it sounds wonderful. Thanks Clay.

Curious USB Cable next

Interesting that the jitterbug did bring some improvement - I think the USB implementation in the Klein was excellent but I'm always keen to see if things can be improved . I wonder whether the SChiit Wyrd would bring even more? John Darko and others seem to hint that the Wryd is a small step up from the jitterbug and it's $200 compared to $100 for the JB so it's not crazy money.......

Regards

Mark

naggots   

Interesting that the jitterbug did bring some improvement - I think the USB implementation in the Klein was excellent but I'm always keen to see if things can be improved . I wonder whether the SChiit Wyrd would bring even more? John Darko and others seem to hint that the Wryd is a small step up from the jitterbug and it's $200 compared to $100 for the JB so it's not crazy money.......

Regards

Mark

I like the jitterbug simplicity in that It only needs 1 USB cable. The wyred and regen look good tho and I'll be waiting for the listening impressions The Klein doesn't require power from the USB cable so not sure why I hear a difference.

scumbag   

On another note, I tried my Stello U3 with the Klein, letting it convert the USB from my laptop and sending it to the Klein via coaxial. A definite drop in sound quality which was a marked contrast to the increase I got doing the same thing with my NAD M51. That's what made me conclude that the Klein has a good USB implementation.