Mini GTG @ scuzzii's as the new Soulines TT gets delivered

@@Luc

Bass Bass and Bass.  the PAPs were impressive in scale and in bottom end.  They filled the room with sound and sounded much better than I'd heard them in Melb (in Dave's front room).  There was nothing at all harsh about the sound, which my room can lean towards, and the general consensus was these were engaging and big.

Nothing boomy,  nothing bloated so they were a good match for my room size.  They are quite polite speakers but they can also drive a lot of energy.

The realisation for me was when we swapped back to the Aslans,  half the sound went.  I've since been able to adjust back but I was very mopey for a day or so afterwards when all that lovely bass and large scale was missing.  Very enjoyable and would make a lot of people happy.  I just couldn't afford them right now at the same time as the TT and Graham Slee gear.   I would have purchased them if I had the $$. 

• Like 1

for me  half the sound went. 

I didn't want to hear that John :(

I'm in speaker limbo at the moment and I missed the chance to hear these and since then another Aus speaker has appeared on the market and...

I'm torn torn torn :)

• Like 1

I didn't want to hear that John :(

I'm in speaker limbo at the moment and I missed the chance to hear these and since then another Aus speaker has appeared on the market and...

I'm torn torn torn :)

Another Australian speaker eh?

Do tell :)

Just an update.

Have spent some time with the system over the weekend. Snuck in 3 albums yesterday before heading out for a long lunch with Mrs.

Ray Brown - Moonlight Serenade

Jose James - No beginning no end

Miles Davis - Kind of blue

Outstanding, esp Ray Brown. It's the Audiophile Legends European pressing (difficult to get). The bass extension is just quite unbelievable.

Today has been the 3 above again (also took them to @hensa)

Also played

Mighty Sam McClain - give it up to love

The Black Keys - Rubber factory

I was concerned when I was playing Black Keys - if honest it sounds crap.... I had to throw on mighty Sam again to make I'd not stuffed up my setup. Very 1 dimensional...

Thanks to @@TLL for coming over for a listen.

I'm relaxing with a coffee listening to Miles and John on Kind of Blue. Sensational

Been a good day!

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 5

Well, if there is one thing obvious from the pics it is the width of your grin John.

May it stay with you long.

Sort of a pity I missed hearing those speakers, but perhaps all for the best, I might have felt like you after they went.

Lovely setup, I am sure it will give much pleasure in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had time with the system due to travelling this week. Received my delivery of 20 records from Vinyl Eye yesterday. Currently playing Tracy Chapman self titled - the recording is quite impressive for a 1983 recording.

Will be having a listening session tmrw to go through the 20 newbies. Will be good background whilst I get through a ton of work.

Thanks again Vinyl Eye. ðŸ‘

@@cheekyboy

John

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

yep @@RussellBosn

I have a few interested should that time come.  At this stage,  I'm not looking to sell (but not entirely sure whether I upgrade to something else -  can't at the moment anyway)

Edited by scuzzii