SOLD: Weston Acoustic Trinity Signature Special Amp (VIC)

Item: Weston Acoustic Trinity Signature Special Amp
Price: SOLD $1,500.00
Item Condition: 9/10
Reason for selling: No longer required, staying with the CJ...
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal add 3% for charges, Direct Deposit

Extra Info:

I am the 3rd owner of this amp. This amp was purchased in October 2010 from Earl Weston. As with all of Earl's amps I've had the pleasure of having in my system, this amp is very good amp, especially for the asking price, and it showcases Earle's exceptional build and design qualities.

This edition of the Trinity has had some additions to the standard Trinity as requested by the original owner from Earle. It has 5 inputs rather than the normal 4. It has a tape loop and an additional line output to use subs or to maybe bi amp... It also has a remote control for volume and mutting, which costs extra.

This amps output around 18-20 watts in push pull triode as described below by Earl. Amp comes with all tubes seen in the pictures (although I think its time to change the EL34 output tupbes), remote and manual.

Check out Weston's site http://www.westonacoustics.com/page008.html for the build pictures of the Trinity.

This is a short discription by Earle of this amp below. 

"Trinity = Triode.

Trinity is a triode connected EL34/6CA7 based amplifier designed to introduce listeners to the joys of triode sound without the complications of directly heated triode valves. The amplifier uses a very short signal path, combined with good quality components to get the best possible sound/$ value. The signature special amplifier is at home in systems costing many thousands of dollars. Its sound is very musical and has been compared to some very reputable amplifiers costing well over its purchase price.

What makes this Trinity so special. The Trinity surprisingly is my favorite amplifier I build, yes, a push-pull amplifier. I set myself a goal to make the sweetest sounding Trinity I could using new production valves, I wanted this amplifier to sound as clear and detailed as a single ended 300B Time Machine. It starts with the design, it should be a true class A Triode connected amp, it should use the bare minimum of components, well the Trinity meets this. Then the output transformers, these transformers I have wound using as much care as my Time Machine outputs, I really wanted ruler flat frequency response through the critical vocal ranges 400hz to 8khz. They measure 400hz=0db, 600hz=0db, 800hz=0db, 1khz=0db, 2khz=0db, 4khz=–0.02db, 8khz=–0.06db. The frequency response at –1db is 16hz to over 30khz. You don’t get much flatter than that without any global negative feedback!"

Pickup preferred as this (as with all Earl's amps) is heavy at around 20kg. Courier is possible at buyers expense.

Pictures:

post-108207-0-88112600-1435395888_thumb.

post-108207-0-11750700-1435395893_thumb.

post-108207-0-26434300-1435395896_thumb.

post-108207-0-60733700-1435395900_thumb.

post-108207-0-53177400-1435395904_thumb.

Edited by bebop

How does one know if their speakers are compatible with this amp? I have Paradigm Studio 100 V5.

I am Weston Amp curious.

Studio 100 speakers need mucho current and WPC. Take no heed of published sensitivity. As good as this Trinity is ( and it really is very good ), I wouldn't be pairing it with a pair of S100 V5. The tempest may be another story

• Like 1

Dolphy I had one of Earles creations (cannot remember which originally) with my Paradigm Studio 60's then I upgraded to the Time Machine 300B which also made the Studios sing, I now run the TM through my QUAD ESL's I would say any of Earles amps will run your Studios. But contact the man himself he will answer all of your queries. Regards, Nick 

• Like 1

Me too. I wish I had space for a 2nd system to build around this. But the coming arrival of a 2nd baby means that's a way off yet.

Earl builds fantastic amps. So pretty and bettered my PrimaLuna when I had that.