Blues Currently Spinning

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 8:17 PM, reggie said:

Giving this guy a listen for the first time, must say I am enjoying it. Found out he is originally from Perth.

51TVlNZgmQL._SS500.jpg

Great recommendation. This is a great place to discover new music. Listen on Spotify then buy online. Love local too!

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have finally plugged the gap of no Taj Mahal (conveniently forgetting the cassette I was given in the 70's that didn't play).  The first three albums, at a decent price.  Great stuff, esp. Jessie Ed Davis ' guitar chops.

R-4178524-1357768640-7139.jpeg.jpg

Here's a clip from Playboy After Dark.  The performance from Rock n Roll Circus is also great. 

Edited by audiofeline
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Junior Kimbrough.

Something you don't often find in the record bin at st vinnies.

And underneath was a Ti Seagal LP.

Both in mint condition for less than $10 for both.

Anyways easy to tell who Black Keys were influenced by. 

images (2).jpg

• Like 2

Excuse the video quality these guys were an institution in Melbourne, the Paramount Trio. Ex bass player for Brit band the Pretty Things who now resided in Australia was a friend of theirs and played with them on ocassion. Imagine the regular punters' surprise one afternoon, who turned up week after week to see them at The Rainbow Hotel in Fitzroy, when a certain Eric Burdon, on tour and a friend of the bass player dropped in tour to do a few songs with them!

• Like 1

A little on the jazzy side but nonetheless blues, Phillip Upchurch, "Darkness, Darkness." A few originals along with covers of other artists as diverse as James Taylor and Carol King, through to James Brown, Percy Mayfield, Marvin Gaye and Youngbloods. Some heavyweight musos from the era include Chuck Rainey on bass, Joe Sample on piano and Harvey Mason on drums. An all instrumental album that is generally laid back but still featuring some fine playing.

1505219454080-152535125.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kab said:

Miss the old sunday sessions at the station hotel in greville st with dutch tilders......oh well...:hiccup

I was a huge fan of the Dutchman. I saw many of his gigs in Sydney and have most of his solo and collaborative albums on CD and vinyl.

Gone but never forgotten.

• Like 1