:) al

Ultra HD Blu-ray (4K) Spec set

sacd87   

Bought some discs today as my player will be here tomorrow and my US disc will still be 2 weeks away from delivery and couldn't wait that long to test out my player:).

post-153939-0-86560800-1462944979_thumb.

blybo   

Have a player in the car... will see how we go with set up. My processor will upscale to 4k, but not pass through (wtf) so I'll have to run dual video and audio outputs

sacd87   

Have a player in the car... will see how we go with set up. My processor will upscale to 4k, but not pass through (wtf) so I'll have to run dual video and audio outputs

Well at least the player has duel HDMI on as my AVR doesn't do 4k.

blybo   

UHD in a car?   Must be a sweet ride.   :party  ;)

Well it does have DVD in the back

sacd87   

Received my player yesterday and am very pleased with the picture on my 4k tv. And a noticeable difference on my JVC Projector. Only thing I would of liked is a display screen on the player but looks like the design got the better of samsung.

I was curious to see if there are many here that are running native 4k projectors (as a pose to eShift).

Curious what the overall impressions have been after a few months of ownership.

jmouss   
the problem is that most 4k TV's available at the moment will not be able to display the ultra hd blu-ray in it native form and will only pass a 1080p picture to the TV due to the fact that the TV will have to have hdcp 2.2 to display the ultra hd content, i can see many people fuming when they realize that the new  ultra hd tv they bought does not play this new format in it's native form, ouch.

I've got the Samsung ua55hu8500 with a 4k pass through denon amp. So if I grab a 4k bdp, I won't be able to watch a4k disc? And if so, how do I get around it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

flamjam   

I've got the Samsung ua55hu8500 with a 4k pass through denon amp. So if I grab a 4k bdp, I won't be able to watch a4k disc? And if so, how do I get around it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You will still get 4k. You just won't get HDR.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk