New-Tech 2015

I haven't see a post about the New-Tech 2015 show yet:

http://www.chestergroup.org/newtechsydney/2015

From the website:

Occupying the new Hall 5 at the Sydney Show Ground Exhibition Centre, New-Tech will be packed with interactive exhibits, superb highend audio sound lounges, home cinema and home entertainment demonstrations, the finest in digital photo imaging, new science and technology, satellite navigation, mobile/in-car entertainment, eco-friendly & leisure technologies. It's a show for all the family and for all ages.

July 31 - August 2, 2015 @ Sydney Olympic Park

• 1 month later...

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2b4891eef8c33d55e7c64e22c&id=1e657a7e76&e=dad17bf0cf

This year it's in Sydney at the Showgrounds, and is incorporated into an AV show as well, being titled the "New-Tech 15" show.  Possibly due to retailers/distributor numbers dropping off, as well as attendees.  Also I didn't think there was a great deal of advertising last year, and I've only just received this email when it's 8 weeks out...

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to incorporate this year's Audio and AV Show 2015 -- the show that was in Melbourne the last 2 years?

But the layout map shows there are only 5 or 6 listening rooms. Most of the audio industry exhibitors are out in the exhibition area, full of stalls.

If so, that's a bit disappointing for someone like me; I really appreciated the Melbourne layout with dozens of discrete listening rooms.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would post this which should be of interest to all music lovers and audio enthusiasts:

Highly-respected Australian recording engineer Greg Simmons will be conducting special presentations at the Australian Audio & AV section of the New-Tech Show next week.

Greg will be providing insights into the art of audio engineering including covering the concerns audio enthusiasts have about mastering and digital sound quality.

He will also be demonstrating production techniques and methodologies while recording a live performance in high-definition and direct-to-stereo. Greg will be answering questions from the audience. The raw recording will be available on the day and a mastered download will be made available soon after the show.

This is a rare opportunity for gaining an understanding of the recording engineer's craft and the many and complex aspects of producing the music you love. If you're an audio enthusiast and music lover this is not to be missed. 

Cheers,

EK

• Like 6

I had a quick stab at cross-referencing brands with distributors:

Addicted to Audio (Abyss, Astell&Kern, AURALiC, Audeze, Bryston, Cardas, Final Headphones, Grado, HifiMan, Klutz Design, Questyle, RHA, Westone)
Audio Connection (Clearaudio, Control4, Definitive Technology, Linn)
Audio Heaven (Aktimate, Einstein, Lumin, YBA)
Audio Marketing (Goldring, Krell, Musical Fidelity, Stax, Triangle, Peachtree Audio, Perreaux)
Audiofly
AudioXtra
Avation (Devialet, Vivid Audio)
Benq
Bose
Network AV (Parasound)
Qualifi (Denon, Heos, Jamo, NAD, Thorens)
Redefy (Arte Forma)
Sony Australia
Synergy AV (Audio Research, Cambridge Audio, ELAC, Origin Acoustics, Quadraspire, McIntosh Rega, REL, Sonus Faber, The Chord Company, Sumiko, Wadia)

• Like 2

I'll go on Friday just to see what's what and see why the organisers wanted to do it this way. Just catch the train to lidcombe, leave the roads to the tradies, truckies and tools.

Any day one opinions?

I liked Henry's room (Redefy) and enjoyed listening to Brad's Axis Voicebox mini's in Nigel's prefab'd room (Audio Marketing), and it was nice to see (and hear) Vivid G3's again though they sounded average thanks mostly to the room acoustics, and possibly the class D amplification, but overall the show was a disappointment.

The venue couldn't be more wrong for an AV / technology show, with only a few dedicated rooms available for exhibitors, and the crowd attendance reflected the poor promotion as well as the non-ideal location for this type of event.

Also, the technology component of the exhibition was almost non-existent, apart from the Tesla model S on display. (which admittedly I did enjoy.)  

Based on this experience I would be surprised to see another Chester Group audio show in Sydney any time soon.      

post-121842-0-77913300-1438416612_thumb.

Vivid G3

post-121842-0-12839600-1438416658_thumb.

Triangle and Krell @ Audio Marketing

post-121842-0-43235000-1438416710_thumb.

Tesla

post-121842-0-83436000-1438416789_thumb.

Australian Hi-Fi reviewer - exploring some of the other attractions at the show.  

• Like 1

I went, thought it was 'okay'. Didn't hear about it anywhere, just got lucky that my friend happened to see it in a popular science mag or something and say something to me about it.

It certainly has a lot to be improved on but for 21 bucks I was happy. And m4 in the weekends is a car park? The only place I ever have a problem is where the bug intersections are, and even that is minimal compared to week days. I drove down from the Blue Mountains, cruised the whole way in, and got a 2 hour park right in the corner opposite the venue (got there at 12, left at 2 to make it to other commitments, probably could only have spent one more hour there anyway).

Bose went with their usual marketing technique, play it louder than everyone else. Made it real hard to demo some of the phones

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Edited by Pervasive
  • Like 1

I had fun. Yamaha have a new integrated amp with vu meters which will be priced more affordably than the as2100. Plus I got a showbag with a free bluray, wristband and balloons. Thanks Yamaha.. Yippee.... Also the Atlantic technology Dolby "atmos" was pretty good.

• Like 1

Guest Arthur

This event was a non event really, such a disappointing experience, at least for me.

I visited the show on Saturday morning expecting a repeat of the event at Sheraton on the Park, a couple of years ago, and looking forward to listen to new and better technology.

Instead, what I found was a chaotic cacophony of sound(s), with some exhibitors confusing High End sound with PA systems..

Obvious to me, and I suspect many others, was the fact that, unless there is dedicated listening rooms for each system, it's an absolute waist of time and money for both, Hi Fi dealers and visitors, to exhibit and / or enjoy a good product there.

The only sound that I really enjoyed listening too was that of Henry Kristanto of 'redefyaudio', but in fairness, Henry was fortunate enough to have a proper demo room for his equipment, unlike the majority of the rest.

I hope lessons can be learned from this fiasco, that is, if the relevant people are aiming to attract newcomers to the High End sound.

I wonder if other people attended and what are their thoughts.

PS. I forgot to mention that I left after an hour of arriving there.  There was no point in waisting more time, really..

Edited by Arthur

The only sound that I really enjoyed listening too was that of Henry Kristanto of 'redefyaudio', but in fairness, Henry was fortunate enough to have a proper demo room for his equipment, unlike the majority of the rest.

We actually have to work on the room to make it decent for demo-ing our speakers. There are 6 bass traps and 3 large diffusers and absorber. The room was an administration room with brick walls and a steel door :P

Edited by henry218

Gee whizz, so glad I didn't fly up for it.  It looks crapola...but maybe I'm spoilt...

Good to see Chester Group making the same mistake as last year and not spending any money on advertising - this was a bug bear from a few exhibitors in 2014...

• Like 1