Iron Maiden - 19 albums remastered in 24-bit

Excuse my ignorance, but are hi rez files usually this price. (I have been an Iron Maiden fan from the start so not bagging them). I don't normally buy Hi Rez files. I tend to buy CDs and rip them to my NAS.

It would be interesting to see what the 'Remastered' tracks are like as far as audio compression/loudness

goes compared to the original releases, especially on the earliest albums.

Cheers,

Jason.

I thought that they were expensive compared to the downloads I have purchased (usually 6 to 8 pounds). But these were mostly 16 bit FLAC. I'm new to buying downloads, as I said I usually rip CDs to my NAS and I tend to go with WAV files.

Edited by Batty

I usually buy from HDTracks, most stuff there is region restricted, so has anyone actually tried to buy from the site that has these maiden albums and been able to from Australia?

I haven't tried to buy from this particular site but perhaps you need to use a VPN as I do when I access the full catalogues of HDTracks, Acoustic sounds etc.

Tread carefully.......remastered & hi-res doesn't necessarily mean better. From what I've seen so far, the DR numbers for these releases are around DR6 for albums such as The Number Of The Beast, which would indicate fairly heavy compression, but I haven't seen any listening impressions yet.

Hi, where does it actually say they've been remastered?

Yeah good point - as they don't actually specify it.

There has been a well publicised 2015 remastered release of these albums so I guess we can assume that these are them? The remasters were released on iTunes first.

Feedback I have read this morning on the net from those that have actually listened:

1. Better than the 1998 remasters
  2. Shame that the dynamic range had to be reduced so much

So, I guess as always it is all down to the listening. Based on the feedback I have read it sounds to me that these would be excellent in the car but I'm not so sure about on a decent home system? I think I'll stick to the original CDs I have of the earlier albums   ;)

Edited by wanta911

The 2014 remastered maiden vinyl typically has a dynamic range of DR13....13db

For what it's worth, so do the original CD releases which were first released many years before 2014 :)

Edited by Satanica

I listened to a lot of the 30 second samples. They sounded clear and good, but lacking in punch. I thought it was just the online streaming that reduced the punch, but from what is said here it seems this is a dynamic range issue.

Why couldn't they get this right?