S.T.A.L.K.E.R Complete Mod 2009

Guest Muon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got streloks stash and flash and docs and now it is impossible to locate the barkeep and according to the map I'm on top of him.

This is after getting around a bug in the underground where a mutant came through a closed door and got stuck in it, and causing the door to be stuck.

Lost Alpha is a dogs breakfast considering how buggy it is...IMO of course.

It does have more than a few bugs, but hey, it's free. The main thing is, none of them are game-stoppers. Mutants stuck in doors? Piffle. Shoot em. Shift-F to try and drag the body out. Else, as you say, load the last save. So save often lol. There is one bug which can stop you close to the very end, when you follow Ghost to a lab in a walled compound. He's meant to open the lab door for you. If you kill the compound guards the way Ghost recommends, he won't turn up to open the door. So instead, charge the compound, guns blazing. Worked for me.

If you are on top of the barkeep and he's not there, then you are on the wrong level. If you are where I think you are, he's beneath you. Exit the building and find the side entrance... West side I think.

Plus when you upgrade the patch level of the game, you need to start over - did you do that? Else it will most probably be one big bug.

AH - you said you used your saved profile. OOPS. That will cause it. Start over mate, else all bets are off.

Edited by tal

Hmm, not in a building, but next to one, and wen all round it and no entrances anywhere  :unsure:

Oh, i had reinstalled and then installed the patch, then I added my folder with user.ltx and saves folder and the like.   so I didn't have to start again from the beginning, the folder was from the game updated to the same.

Edited by ortofun

It does have more than a few bugs, but hey, it's free. The main thing is, none of them are game-stoppers. Mutants stuck in doors? Piffle. Shoot em. Shift-F to try and drag the body out. Else, as you say, load the last save. So save often lol. There is one bug which can stop you close to the very end, when you follow Ghost to a lab in a walled compound. He's meant to open the lab door for you. If you kill the compound guards the way Ghost recommends, he won't turn up to open the door. So instead, charge the compound, guns blazing. Worked for me.

If you are on top of the barkeep and he's not there, then you are on the wrong level. If you are where I think you are, he's beneath you. Exit the building and find the side entrance... West side I think.

Plus when you upgrade the patch level of the game, you need to start over - did you do that? Else it will most probably be one big bug.

AH - you said you used your saved profile. OOPS. That will cause it. Start over mate, else all bets are off.

@@tal

Maybe you can tell me from here if you recognize it, the map indicates that building with the three round vents, but there is no way in I can see.

post-105164-0-92329400-1429508352_thumb.

OK, checked a vid on youtube, that place is like a maze, and even though I am familiar with the areas in the vanilla game It's visually so different!

Ah. There you are. Not where I guessed, much earlier.

Yes that place is a maze. One annoying aspect of this game is the way it hides things, and there's one route to them. Someone in the developers forgot this was meant to be an FPS and put in map puzzles, the idiot. I could try and explain, but youtube will do a much better job :) I had to resort to using it several times to figure out where to go, really annoying.

When you do get to the bar, buy the most expensive tip from the shady dude. It will take you to the best eye candy in the game.

Damn! I always avoid shady types...so I will go back and have a quiet chat with him after the covert mission I'm on now.

:)

One thing I hate is that the load you can carry seems more limited, and you get exhausted really quickly! Also mean longer walks between points as to run you can only do so for a short time with load and then have to stand still to replenish!

Artifacts that boost your endurance will let you run further and slow your stamina bar depletion rate - so don't sell them, add them to your belt. But you need other artifacts on your belt to offset the increased radiation from them.

Now would be a good time to re-read my earlier post about pistols, ammo types etc. I once emerged from completing a lab task and all I had left was one bullet in a pilfered pistol. lol. I guess that was 'for me' in the classic sense. 

Artifacts are another pet peeve in this game, the boost is minor compared to what I'm used to in other versions :(

And having to attach ammo to ya' belt to use it...grrrr!

I'm light on weapons at the moment and took a viper and rightly or wrongly added a mod to it, also have a silenced pistol and a double barrel shotgun. The Viper has the drawback of being un-scoped but is marginally more accurate than the scoped AK74? that I left behind.

Actually if you mod the AK74 it is one of the most accurate guns in the game. Shouldn't be, is a bug, but there it is. Use it.

If the weapon mod shows that it will make your gun worse - with red negatives - it will. Forget the 'description' of the mod, which may sound fine, go with the red and green stats. And the second or third accuracy upgrade for the AK74 takes its accuracy to better than a Dragunov.

Interesting, and confusing.

I hate the paths given on upgrades and I easily take the wrong or lesser one sometimes.

I have a Obokan and have upgraded it, and a 37 that now has It's accuracy bar maxed :)

So you are referring to the AK74 and not the Obokan?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Muon

Stupid puzzles!

OK, found it, now have to find another exit from another maze.......damn it! I'm not a lab Rat! although there seems to be a few of those.

Endless crashes now, over and over...think I'm done with this one :)

Edited by ortofun