Demo GTG Sun 15th March - Visitors from Melbourne

Demo GTG at my place on Sunday the 15th of March starting at 12 pm.

Hi everyone,

I recently had some correspondence with Keith [cheekyboy] over some vinyl I was getting from Vinyl Eye and Keith told me that he and his mate Dave 'The Rev' [dthompson] were planning on making a trip across to Adelaide to demonstrate their Wyndham Audio CH1 speakers, as they have done last year in Melbourne and Sydney. I told Keith that I'd be happy to host a demonstration GTG and I have offered the use of my system on Sunday the 15th of March, starting at 12 midday.

Keith and Dave have offered to provide food and some wine, but other drinks will be BYO. On audition will be the CH1 speakers and Keith will also bring the Slee Proprius Mon Block power amps, Slee cables and the new Majestic DAC. There's been a lot of good feedback from the Vic and NSW demos of the speakers, so it will be interesting to have a listen to them.

Keith does know quite a few of the SA SNAers from his time over here in 2009, but he is keen to meet some new faces too. Please reply here or drop me a PM if you can attend and I'll keep a list here in this thread of those coming on the day. I'm looking forward to this GTG and hope you're able to take the opportunity to have the first Adelaide listen to these new speakers and either catch up with or meet Keith and Dave too.

Cheers

Suresh

Attending

Newman
elcamry
Benje
Shane F
Stump
Gregwormald
Kensell21
Lazz
Padre_power
Tal
Frankn
3G_

Edited by pine weasel

It's not impossible. Thanks for the offer. I think I remember your address from last time, Suresh.  :love

Looking forward to meeting you Newman, so hope you can make it along.

Thanks, Suresh, for hosting this and Dave and I are excited about making the trip over and catching up with some of the older crew that I got to know well while I was living over there and also it will be good to put faces to names that we haven't met yet.

Cheers,

Keith

More like a lingerie party christosd - those things you buy that you then discover your wife doesn't appreciate as much as you do,

I expect to attend PW. 

Edited by Benje
  • Like 3

Could you pencil me in please, it's been a while since I attended a GTG and it will be nice to see some new and familiar faces.

Thanks

Steve

Could you pm me your address Suresh.

Edited by Batty

Hi everyone:

Thanks Suresh for putting this GTG on. I can assure you we will all be well behaved....don't let caddisgeek scare you! Keith is currently away at his Winter residence......mid -N.S.W. He'll be back in a week and a bit. We are looking forward to seeing you guys. I know that Keith is very excited about seeing some old mates...and some new ones. I am also excited about meeting you all. I haven't been to Adelaide for some years. I did live there between 1990 and 1994....so it will be great to be back.

I am busily polishing up our speakers to bring over to demo. The horns are a great sounding speaker....(which you'd expect me to say!). Keith and I have been developing them for a few months and they are sounding great. I originally did the major development some years ago and put it on the shelf. A few things transpired in motivating me to get it out and have another look at it.  Keith added further motivation and really got behind the development. Keith has produced a number of great sounding speaker projects overt he years and has been instrumental in tuning these. We also appreciated Henry 218 playing a role in testing and offering some advice as well!

Both Keith and I know that single driver horns can polarise people's appreciation. But if I may quote a remark from one of the Sydney guys at one of our demos up there he was surprised and asked us "how did you get these to work that well?" The speakers sound great and not just great for a single driver....great full-stop! I still use cotton wool in one ear following the near cerebral haemorrhage I had in developing the plans! Speakers are difficult to design and produce....they are a balance of many compromises. This design seems to get the best from this Fostex Fe108ez driver and I know of many that are out there on the market internationally but in different configurations. Our aim was to get a good sounding single driver in a house friendly size that offered great sound and an elegant appearance. Many back loaded horns can be a huge.....and I know this as I have a huge pair in my listening room! Anyway, I wont bore you guys with any more details until we get over there....I have many stories to tell!

I look forward to seeing you at Suresh's place.

Kind Regards to you all.

Dave t   

Edited by dthompson
  • Like 2

Hi folks, I'm away up in NSW currently and I've managed to login to StereoNET, which is rare at the moment as the internet reception here is very poor. It looks like a great response,Suresh, and Dave and I are really looking forward to it and to meeting lots of new faces on the day.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Suresh

Not sure how late the GTG will go but I would love to attend, I can get there around 3pm, happy to stay for a short listen, better than no listen?

Cheers

Hi 3G_

Thats fine

i imagine we'll be going until about 5ish

Cheers

• Like 1