The Song Game

Papa Hemi;123400 wrote:
Happened all the time in Dn, the rest of the world is just catching up. Definitely a good thing, and Jack White seems to enjoy having his finger in many pies. Has anyone heard the JW produces Wanda Jackson album?

Yep, heard some of it on Nat Radio when they interviewed Wanda.

Personally I can't handle her voice but JW waved his wand over things fo-sho.

Over the last 2 or 3 days cd's only as my turntable needs a new cartridge.

Florence And The Machine - Lungs - Been trying to get into this but it's not really working I think it's to poppy for my tastes. "Dogs Days Are Over" is not a bad song though.

First Aid Kit - The Big Black & Blue - Like this cd a lot and it has been on repeat play a fair bit they are a bit like a female version of the Fleet Foxes but I think the their songs are better well crafted and beautifully sang.

The Black Keys - Brothers - Like this one two it's bit different from the normal Black Keys stuff probably a good place to start if you are new to the band.

The National - High Violet - Undecided weather I like this or not

The Dead Weather- Sea Of Cowards - The heavy over driven blues sound is there but I am still unsure if I like it or not no songs are really jumping out at me yet.

The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever - Have always liked this band since I first heard Boys And Girls Of America still my favorite this one is more than solid, but not quite great.

davyboy9;123420 wrote:
After watching Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young the other night I decided to stream the albums...

Deja Vu and Crosby,Stills & Nash.

Both classics!

damn , and i was so close to kicking my 80s 12inch habit....

yello :- of course im lying 12inch

paul hardcastle :- 19 12inch

yaz :- dont go 12inch

altered images :- i could be happy 12inch

human league :- lebanon 12inch

duran duran :- save a prayer 12inch

pink floyd :- relics

Last night on CD;

Eagleowl- into the fold

Nirvana- unplugged

The Verve- urban hymns

Brokeback Mountain- soundtrack

Vinyl;

First Aid Kit- into the black and the blue

Then watched 7 Ages of Rock- American Alternative Music, recorded off Prime. Seen this before, but it's an excellent series, and good to revisit. Interesting to watch with our teenage daughters; it's all history to them. I remember seeing the news that Kurt C had died just weeks after my 1st daughter's birth.

I remember seeing the news that Kurt C had died just weeks after my 1st daughter's birth.

I was driving from my flat in Double Bay Sydney to the local Woolworths as the news came over on JJJ. One of those Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments you never forget.

("moments you never forget." um, that's hearing the news, not going to Woolies...!)

got tinnitus;123572 wrote:
I remember seeing the news that Kurt C had died just weeks after my 1st daughter's birth.

I was driving from my flat in Double Bay Sydney to the local Woolworths as the news came over on JJJ. One of those Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments you never forget.

("moments you never forget." um, that's hearing the news, not going to Woolies...!)

i was in a spray booth in the rhondda valleys south wales (uk) listening to the radio on my walkman , i was quite into nirvana at the time too .

Guest Guest

got tinnitus;123572 wrote:

Richard Long told me. On One News. The headline was "Grunge Grief". I was 17 and a big fan so was pretty gutted.

last night

oasis :- definitely maybe - dvd

gary numan :- living orniments 79

kraftwerk :- tour de france soundtracks

pink floyd :- piper at the gates of dawn

pink floyd :- relics

pink floyd :- wish you were here

syd barrett :- barrett

syd barrett :- the madcap laughes

kate bush :- the whole story

the beatles :- 1962-1966

easystars lonely hearts dub band

today on vinyl;

Elliot Smith-xo

Cowboy Junkies- the caution horses

REM- document

Sam Amidon- I see the sign

and then a Flying Nun fest;

Sneaky Feelings- better than before. Pop perfection

Look Blue Go Purple- EP2

The Clean- vehicle

CD;

Wilco- yankee hotel foxtrot

The Beatles- abbey road

last night

yello :- claro que si

electric 6 :- dance commander 12inch

human league :- love action 12inch

syd barrett :- the peel sessions ep . i had another listen to this at groovy again and it sounded ok (must have had a dodgy stylus last week) so couldent resist it , after a wash it sounds fantastic.

syd barrett :- the madcap laughes

the world of donovan

blur parklife

the beach boys :- pet sounds

Today:

Delerium - Remixed the Definitive Collection - A compilation of remixes of some stellar tracks by the Canadian electonic music legends

Seal System - An uplifting, dancey album that is produced by Stuart Price.

A-ha Foot of the Mountain - the boys going back to their synth pop roots. Wonderful album

Neal;123912 wrote:
Haven't listened to Delerium for a while , Liked that "Silence" remix that was on one of those "Ministry of Sound" CDs

Delerium have continued to put out heaps of material within that genre - I love their balance of beautiful female vocals entwined with beautiful layering of sounds.

Their last studio album Nuage Du Monde is a gem.

The crazy thing is that their other project is Frontline assembly - electronic, aggressive industrial music..