Another option may be a GTX 750TI. I just put one in my PC...very low power requirements, i.e. draws enough power from the PCI no need for extra connectors. just under $200

No good for FPS at highest settings but good for most other games.  Review here: http://www.overclockers.com/asus-strix-gtx750ti-oc-edition-review/

Yes, 2 connections, 1 x 6pin and 1 x 8pin (which is a 6 pin plus a 2 pin).

I am using a 650 watt power supply, it is plenty for the GTX760, HDD, SSD, i5 and optical drive plus all the USB stuff hanging off my PC ie external drive, joystick, phone and camera.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent half of yesterday playing Elite Dangerous.  lol.  More crash landings than soft landings.

I tell you, it's a bit trucking rough to miss the landing, bump up a bit, get fined 400 credits for not clearing the landing pad, then get shot out sky for not paying the fine immediately.

So, back to the training tutorials. lol.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on the switch since getting it for xmas. I also own it on the Wii U but I never made it too far. Glad I was able to double dip for this one since playing it with the Pro controller makes it much better.

I also picked up Shenmue I&II and Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far Collection on PS4. I only ever played a little of the first Shenmue game on DC briefly. Hoping that I'll get more into it this time around. As for Kingdom Hearts, I now own most of the main games across multiple different systems. Still own I and II on PS2 :)

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

Put plenty of hours into Darksiders 3 recently (after Free install XBox Games With Gold), & it's been good.

I find the cartoonish graphics a little annoying, as with all the Darksiders titles, but it's a part of how it is.
Still, I'd like to see it done in crisper, more detailed graphics.

Coming up to the end of the 3rd playthrough – Armageddon 2, & that'll be enough.
Mostly on Challenging difficulty setting, sometimes on Apocalyptic.
During this Armageddon 2 playthrough, most of the standard mobs seem doable fine on Apocalyptic, for mine, but the bosses/tougher mobs and Crucible all become a lot more difficult.
Apocalyptic mode seemed to give most mobs a significantly higher damage output, but not necessarily much/any HP increase – dunno, some mobs on Challenging mode as well could've used a few more HPs I reckon'.

Overall it seems pretty well-balanced – I've put in a fair effort to strengthen my char & core eq, & in Havoc form can pretty much tear through anything fairly well (on Challenging mode).

Havoc form being completely invulnerable -and- regenerating full HP is a little over-powered, I honestly would've liked to see a few of the other bosses/chosen ones/sins unleash a rare/occasional special attack that knocks you over & with some damage in Havoc form, or something, like Urul in Crucible wave 100.

The Crucible is, as I found in DS2?, strangely addictive – I have yet to complete 100/101 waves in 1 sitting, but will soon do so.

Now have last Void boss Final Encounter (tough mofo, will take 2-3 Havoc forms & a few consumables etc) to go, as well as Crucible full completion, before final Pride boss main game fight to finish it up.
On Challenging mode, Armageddon 2 (3rd playthrough), XBox1S console.

Stats & stuff:
- Char Lvl 120
- Health 1020 lvl 40
- Strength +147% lvl 41
- Arcane +255% lvl 41
(Will soon level once more, likely last time)
- Barbs Whip +13
- Chains (flame) flail +11
- Polearm (storm) +12
(rarely used anything else, the polearm in Storm Hallow form was fun occasionally, but mostly played in Flame Hollow form)

Enhancements, have 15 (all maxxed/balanced):
- Fortune: used most on Whip for extra soul lurchers, it's passive consumables effect incr. seemed significant
- Marauder: used a bit on Whip to spawn health lurchers, or often slotted on an unused weapon for passive incr. item drop %
- Enoch: only slotted for short periods on unused weapon for passive incr. Havoc regen %
- Leviathan: always slotted; often on Chains & used to break objects for incr. soul lurchers, passive HP regen essential
- Fortifier: always slotted on an unused weapon for it's passive incr. health
- Flame: often slotted on unused Talons for passive incr. flame wrath enkindle range effect
- Fafnir: always slotted; often on an unused weapon for it's passive reflected damage (essential), sometimes on whip for extra main damage (& carrying 120,000+ souls for max. effect)
- Obscurus: often slotted on unused weapon for passive incr. evasion invincibility
- Juggernaut: always slotted on unused weapon for passive damage received reduction
- Perdition: (Salvation weapon only) always slotted for incr. weapon flight speed & passive damage incr. (carrying 20 Visages for good effect)
- Storm: occasionally slotted into a storm Hollow weapon for fun
- Shade: often slotted on unused weapon for arcane damage received reduction
- Chaos: often used during certain gameplay on secondary (Chains) weapon; for damage returned as health, & passive incr. Havoc form duration is great
- Azazel: can barely recall using it at all
- Veneration: (Whip only) only used in certain gameplay – it's incr. crit effects are awesome
Didn't attain/buy any others.

Armour:
- Base: replaced ASAP
- Flame Hollow +3: used for a while until better came along
- Chaos Bringer's +3: used a little
- Reaper's Shadow +5: used most, primarily for incr. soul lurchers & HP regen effects
- Abyssal +5: used in certain gameplay, looks great
- Raiment of Armageddon +4: donned only whilst shattering soul lurcher crystals for incr. effect
Didn't attain/buy any others.

Shards:
Fortification has a good effect, used some Healing ones a bit just to use 'em mainly, didn't see much incr. effect from Thorn, Strength seemed to incr. damage a bit so used a bit, Undying was great during certain gameplay, Havoc crucial in certain areas, Frenzy didn't seem very appealing.

Crucible high score (so far): 58,250

Have sold most remaining tokens, ingredients, crystals & unwanted shards, to put into souls for incr. levels.

It's been fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I escaped Overwatch for a few hours and checked out Uncharted 4 on PS4.

I've only played a few hours but so far very impressed what Sony have done with that game.

Its pretty cheap to find now, recommend it if you've never tried.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw SONY had a big, and for a change, very worthwhile discounts on games about 2 months ago, I ended up getting Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition for around $50, which was 70% off.

What a game!

Amazingly well written, detailed and emotionally stirring story , brilliant scripting - some of it very funny, involving, great game play and on a PS4 Pro on a calibrated 4K TV looks mindblowingly realistic when free roaming around the world......could look even better if played on a high end PC.

The graphic details of the Vistas of the American West just prior to 1900 as you travel around it have to be seen to be believed , it's one of those games that if somebody who walked in and saw it while you were playing might ask, what movie is this ?

It can look that realistic.

It's one of those RPG's where you can choose the Good or Bad path for each action in the game [without prompts from the game], this can determine some future events, and will determine how the game ends depending just how Good or Bad you have been through the game - which you can check at any time with a quick press of the D=Pad, and what future event story paths unlock, same thing goes with side missions, they spawn by chapter [Recommend you do all that trigger when in a chapter] - Especially if you want to Platinum this game.

Some of these game events are Time and Place specific, and a White dot will start blinking on the mini map when one is close [ Rule is pretty much always go to them and ditch what you were planning to do when you see them appear], they also appear as Yellow or White markers on the full game map to continue a particular section of the main story or side mission.

I know RDR2 has won a stack load of Game of the Year awards, and deservedly so.

All I can say is go and get this game, it's now in my top 5 of all time, and I haven't even finished it yet, or tried the separate ONLINE portion of this game.

On a Totally different note.

I recently got a PS5, and a mate who has had one for a while recommended RETURNAL to me, saying he loved it, so I bought it along with the new PS5 Ratchet & Clank and FarCry 6.

BIG mistake by me, I should have at least read beforehand what this game was going to be like before I bought it.

Well I don't like it, it looks amazing and plays well, but it's one of those games like Demon Souls, where there are no checkpoints, and if you die you go all the way back to the start again.

Not only that, when you start again the whole thing has changed, so you can't learn a route or a really specific way to get through a section of the game.

Too frustrating for me, I like to at least know what my game objectives are going to be and work a way around them.

Some people LOVE this sort of challenge, I'm not one of them.

Returnal is now sitting on the top of my pile of shame.

• Like 1

I'm still playing EVE Online after 5 years, no sign of winning.

Rig has changed a bit too, from an i5 with 8Gb Ram and a GTX760 and a 22" HD monitor. 1Tb 7200 rpm HDD.

to 9th Gen i5, 16Gb RAM, RTX2070, 1x 27" 4k monitor + 1x 27 HD and 2x 22" HD monitors C drive is now M.2, the graphics look nicer and I can run all 7 accounts simultaneously.

Still no closer to winning - no one wins EVE.

On 19/11/2021 at 7:38 AM, Tweaky said:

I saw SONY had a big, and for a change, very worthwhile discounts on games about 2 months ago, I ended up getting Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition for around $50, which was 70% off.

What a game!

Amazingly well written, detailed and emotionally stirring story , brilliant scripting - some of it very funny, involving, great game play and on a PS4 Pro on a calibrated 4K TV looks mindblowingly realistic when free roaming around the world......could look even better if played on a high end PC.

The graphic details of the Vistas of the American West just prior to 1900 as you travel around it have to be seen to be believed , it's one of those games that if somebody who walked in and saw it while you were playing might ask, what movie is this ?

It can look that realistic.

It's one of those RPG's where you can choose the Good or Bad path for each action in the game [without prompts from the game], this can determine some future events, and will determine how the game ends depending just how Good or Bad you have been through the game - which you can check at any time with a quick press of the D=Pad, and what future event story paths unlock, same thing goes with side missions, they spawn by chapter [Recommend you do all that trigger when in a chapter] - Especially if you want to Platinum this game.

Some of these game events are Time and Place specific, and a White dot will start blinking on the mini map when one is close [ Rule is pretty much always go to them and ditch what you were planning to do when you see them appear], they also appear as Yellow or White markers on the full game map to continue a particular section of the main story or side mission.

I know RDR2 has won a stack load of Game of the Year awards, and deservedly so.

All I can say is go and get this game, it's now in my top 5 of all time, and I haven't even finished it yet, or tried the separate ONLINE portion of this game.

On a Totally different note.

I recently got a PS5, and a mate who has had one for a while recommended RETURNAL to me, saying he loved it, so I bought it along with the new PS5 Ratchet & Clank and FarCry 6.

BIG mistake by me, I should have at least read beforehand what this game was going to be like before I bought it.

Well I don't like it, it looks amazing and plays well, but it's one of those games like Demon Souls, where there are no checkpoints, and if you die you go all the way back to the start again.

Not only that, when you start again the whole thing has changed, so you can't learn a route or a really specific way to get through a section of the game.

Too frustrating for me, I like to at least know what my game objectives are going to be and work a way around them.

Some people LOVE this sort of challenge, I'm not one of them.

Returnal is now sitting on the top of my pile of shame.

Hi Tweaky ,

RDR2 is  also my all time favorite game. I would say one thing thing though save it in the middle when Arthur is still going great guns So that you can revisit later to explore more. It's one of the most emotional games and I kind of was sad for a while after it ended. Can not remember a game doing that to me ever....... 

On 20/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, gillmaverick said:

Hi Tweaky ,

RDR2 is  also my all time favorite game. I would say one thing thing though save it in the middle when Arthur is still going great guns So that you can revisit later to explore more. It's one of the most emotional games and I kind of was sad for a while after it ended. Can not remember a game doing that to me ever....... 

I'm one of those RPG gamers that like to try and get everything out of the way first, as I usually try to get the Platinum trophy for doing everything in the game

Things like collectables and discoveries before continuing on to a point where I would have to replay the game again to complete them.....currently close to the middle of Chp 6

I got all the Rock Carvings, Cigarette cards, Dinosaur bones [well all I that are possible ATM], Dream Catchers and Legendary animals done and dusted, also that PITA Orchid collection side mission, plus maxed out my satchel [did that early] and have most of the trinkets and amulets that give you stat boosts........the challenges are a different matter, as I wanted to get a fully Good rating [done] I have done very few of the Bandit challenges, same goes for Horseman challenge, and a few others that are around 70% done, I think I've finished two of them.

The one thing in this game that has me thinking, shall I bother ?, is the need to have a perfect kill for every animal of the game, reason being I can hardly find some of them, like Woodpecker and other small birds, and if I do actually luck across one with my binoculars, by the time I've put them away and got my Bow out and made sure I've got small game arrows selected, the bugger has flow off somewhere, that's getting the better of me TBH.

I've had some funny incidents very early in the game when I hadn't got my head around the controls.

I was in Valentine in Chp 1 wandering around the post office, and pressed the wrong button and fired my gun off in the town by mistake, this caused some woman to start running around shouting 'Call the Sheriff' so I ran after her to talk her out of it....wrong button, ended up putting her in a headlock which made matters worse.......I let her go and decided to run to my horse which was hitched up at the post office....in my attempt to mount my horse I pressed the wrong button again, and punched it instead, this made the horse kick me to the ground wiping out a lot of my health, then I had to calm the horse down again before it would allow me to ride it out of town.......riding as fast as I could, I rode straight into the middle of a stagecoach robbery and found myself surrounded....I soon had 5 robbers all blasting away at me and died.............I'm thinking to myself, god I hope these sort of stuffups aren't going to be a regular occurrence. 😆

There can be some very funny unexpected moments in this game depending what you do.

My favorite so far is what happens if you misdirect the town drunk in Valentine and give him the wrong directions home, then follow him to watch and hear what happens.....I was pissing myself laughing when I saw this, especially as he was just about to say "I like what you have done with your hair" when the horse kicks him 😂

• Haha 1

Have you guys noticed an online trend developing with freshly released games being heavily criticized for any faults and generally 'bashing' the game. Cyberpunk would be a prime example however in that case it was somewhat justified.

But overall, especially on Reddit and Twitter its become entertainment in itself to spread negativity. Take Battlefield 2024 that just released, on steam thanks to the internet and word of mouth has over 29,000 negative reviews.

I don't agree with this 'game bashing', its a tough time being a developer. 

Edited by eLicky

2 hours ago, Batty said:

I have not bought a game since Crysis 3 unless you count a subscription to EVE.

You should get back into it, things have come a long way.

I've been addicted to Overwatch for 2-years, but its very much a love / hate relationship and quite a toxic community.

But the game is unique, hard to find an alternative.

Here's a sample of Overwatch.

Edited by eLicky

11 hours ago, eLicky said:

Have you guys noticed an online trend developing with freshly released games being heavily criticized for any faults and generally 'bashing' the game. Cyberpunk would be a prime example however in that case it was somewhat justified.

But overall, especially on Reddit and Twitter its become entertainment in itself to spread negativity. Take Battlefield 2024 that just released, on steam thanks to the internet and word of mouth has over 29,000 negative reviews.

I don't agree with this 'game bashing', its a tough time being a developer. 

Only have themselves to blame

6 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

Only have themselves to blame

Constructive feedback is fine, but this has become a joy ride of threads, memes, mocking, general circle jerking 'a game' in itself.

That's the part I don't agree with, its like they push and push for a reaction.

Edited by eLicky
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, eLicky said:

I've been addicted to Overwatch for 2-years, but its very much a love / hate relationship and quite a toxic community.

Nah - not for me. I have to keep my Blood Pressure down.

32 minutes ago, eLicky said:

Constructive feedback is fine, but this has become a joy ride of threads, memes, mocking, general circle jerking 'a game' in itself.

That's the part I don't agree with, its like they push and push for a reaction.

Ahh yep. That is very understandable.

• Like 1

Guest thathifiguy
1 hour ago, eLicky said:

I always need to get the odd Overwatch fix.

I was lucky enough to have started back in the earlier days when the community was a little less toxic, it's pretty bad nowadays.

Guest thathifiguy

I picked up all the PS5 titles I was too much of a tighta** to buy, RE: Village, Returnal and Ratchet & Clank.

Enjoying all of them for different reasons, but RE: Village has me hooked at the moment, love a good scare.

7 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

I always need to get the odd Overwatch fix.

I was lucky enough to have started back in the earlier days when the community was a little less toxic, it's pretty bad nowadays.

I have 2000 hours on the game played everyday for 2-years but I started quite late, around 2019 - 2020.

Its a shame it attracts so much bad behaviour, I think the amount of stress and adrenaline it gets pumping through players they're basically intoxicated and say things they wouldn't in a calm state. I've been through several stages having voice chat  on / off,  I went 1-year with it on everyday in chat then had 3-4 bad experiences in a matter of a month. I just leave it off now in quickplay, just want to play the game.

Edited by eLicky