Finally some decent weather for Class A amps

It's great for my Luxman amp too, although it sounds sublime any day of the year.

I had no idea it ever got cold in Brisbane though :)

It is a rare and unseasonable cold snap, won't last more than a couple of days ; )

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 1

I've been using my Plinius SA-Reference sparingly the last couple of months because it takes less than 10 minutes before it feels like I'm in sauna.

No A/AB heater switch on that model? 

I had no idea it ever got cold in Brisbane though :)

Brisbane topped out at about 20C today with a westerly air stream bringing clear blue skies and bright sunshine . The streets were deserted. Apparently its "freezing". 

• Like 4

No A/AB heater switch on that model? 

Brisbane topped out at about 20C today with a westerly air stream bringing clear blue skies and bright sunshine . The streets were deserted. Apparently its "freezing". 

It was about 19C over here when I started playing 

The AB mode is designed as a standby mode apparently :P but I power it off fully because it still generates a fair bit of heat and consumes a fair amount of electricity.

yep shivering in the cold...rather than throw a log on the wood fire...fire up the class A amp instead and take in some tunes while being toasted :D

There's one positive for Smart Meters!!

The house doesn't gyrate around the meter box with the amps on!

• Like 2

I've been using the class A mode sparingly because it increased my average power bill by a 1/4 since I got the SA250. At least I wont have to put on the heater when it's on in winter, so should balance out hopefully.

Class A in summer along with the air-con on to keep it bearable requires hundreds of mice running on those little wheels. Run you little buggers.

Maybe I should sit the water tank on top of the amp for a solar hot water effect.

• Like 1

What happened to the Pass Labs X250 you had at your GTG the other week?

I think the system at the GTG was Ron's.

Correct. The GTG was at my fathers house. The PASS gets hot as well but nothing like the FPB I have at my house. I didn't hold the GTG at my place becuse we don't have the space. One day we will extend the house and I will try a GTG then. Plus the little Focals are not the same draw card as the Dyn C4's.

Edited by Dr Nick

Guest Muon

What passes for winter in QLD is a great time for valves!!, I can put away the solid state for a few months...

Agreed, loving this weather, I can listen to music at It's most sublime (in my system) now... without braking a sweat :)