Jazz: Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, mikey d said:

61nKGO-Ri4L.jpg

Two albums, recorded during the AEC fertile Paris period from 1970, on cd. Fabulous sound. Groundbreaking music. @soundfan, do you have these?

Mate, your memory must be going. :) You burnt me copies about 5 years ago. All the AEOC I own is courtesy of you, have about 5 or 6 of their albums..

• Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 4:26 PM, scuzzii said:

Record cleaning afternoon. So decided to play some jazz.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered my version of Blue Train is the AP 2008 45rpm.

I don't recall purchasing it. I thought i had just the standard blue note release.

On it went. Fantastic

73bcab33b657dd9c890b15aef764bed9.jpg19839d4e172b305887661cc223209cd5.jpg78f6341e774f4f6e3bc1bc957e518584.jpgaf428fdb31a0f7156a19e83783aea764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thought  I would check my copy of Blue Train. Alas, not 45rpm but it is "DMM mastered from the "original historic master tape.""

John Coltrane Blue Train. Blue Note BST 81577 Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered US 1984. I am like a frog in a well with no SQ reference points, so it sounds good to me!

Discogs indicates 39 LP releases on Blue Note alone, definitely a classic!

DSCN1371.JPG

DSCN1372.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kafunis said:

50 years ago that 'Trane passed !!

Crescent ORG 45rpm

Ole from the Mono Box

McCoy Tyner-Sahara Mofi

all sound great .

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

Very, very nice one bro.Such beauty & magnificence.

• Like 1

Collocutor: The Search

On The Corner label.

A fabulous album that just arrived.Only 6 vinyl versions left on bandcamp too.

It's worth noting that I have purchased some great new jazz releases on vinyl recently, and all feature female leaders. On lesser known labels, and the vinyl pressings have been nothing short of excellent.

In this case it is Tamar Osborn, who plays baritone and alto sax, as well as alto flute.

20170719_111338.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, soundfan said:

On The Corner label.

It's worth noting that I have purchased some great new jazz releases on vinyl recently, and all feature female leaders. On lesser known labels, and the vinyl pressings have been nothing short of excellent.

In this case it is Tamar Osborn, who plays baritone and alto sax, as well as alto flute.

20170719_111338.jpg

Hey, thanks Chris. Have just downloaded the WAV, burned to disc & now playing. I could imagine that the vinyl sounds fantastic. Very sweet music. It is amazing how much good music there is out there that we will never hear. For music fans, there is an upside to globalisation.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, soundfan said:

On The Corner label.

Thank you for sharing. Never heard about them before... Just checked it out and sounds great. Very oriental and album jacket looks gorgeous, too. :) 

• Like 3

Black Cube Marriage - Astral Cube

2017 LP on El Paraiso

EPRLP40_front.jpg

Sample it here  or look it up on spotify

An 11 piece combo of Rob Mazurek's Black Cube, members of Marriage and other guests team up for this tripped out beast of an album. Elements of jazz, electronics, krautrock and some other kinds of psychedelic weirdness. Bloody great!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dave O))) said:

Black Cube Marriage - Astral Cube

2017 LP on El Paraiso

Sample it here  or look it up on spotify

An 11 piece combo of Rob Mazurek's Black Cube, members of Marriage and other guests team up for this tripped out beast of an album. Elements of jazz, electronics, krautrock and some other kinds of psychedelic weirdness. Bloody great!

Very experimental sound... Interesting indeed. :) 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dave O))) said:

Love it :love

Cute avatar btw. What is it? Some kind of glider?

And welcome to the jazz fread.

Thank you~~.

Re: Avatar, yes, it is a baby Squirrel Glider. They are in Werribee Open Range Zoo. :) 

• Like 3

Guest Misterioso

Thanks for reminding me, @Spider27. I was lucky to see Christian Scott in concert recently in Melbourne. I just ordered this record directly from the label.

1 minute ago, Monitor said:

Thanks for reminding me, @Spider27. I was lucky to see Christian Scott in concert recently in Melbourne. I just ordered this record directly from the label.

Wow. That is awesome that you attended his concert. I did not even know that he had a concert in Melb. I missed and hopefully he comes back again in the near future. :) 

• Like 2

Guest Misterioso
3 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Wow. That is awesome that you attended his concert. I did not even know that he had a concert in Melb. I missed and hopefully he comes back again in the near future. :) 

He was here in April with the Miles Electric Band in Hamer Hall.

6 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Christian Scott was with the Miles Davis Electric Band at Bluesfest this year. Might spin this one next.

51zcCtdNfVL.jpg

Edited by mikey d
  • Like 2