Cafad

FS: Exposure Classic 28 Dual Mono Power Amp

15 posts in this topic

One Silver Exposure Classic 28 power amp rated at 70wpc into 8 Ohms.

Item:  Exposure Classic 28 Power Amp (in sliver)

Price:  $1200 (including postage to anywhere in Australia)
Item Condition:  Excellent, perhaps 200 hours of operation.
Reason for selling:  A little too warm for my liking.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  Retailed for about $5K when new.  Check out http://www.exposurehifi.com/classics.html for more info.  I also have a Classic 21 preamp available (in black) for $750 (including postage to anywhere in Oz)
Pictures: 

post-130663-0-63308600-1385082268_thumb.

Classic pre and power.

post-130663-0-38563300-1385082443_thumb.

And with some friends in my big comparo a while back.

I could have sworn I had an internal pic as well but it appears I don't :( .  Oh well, additional pics by request if anyone really wants to see the innards.

Edit:  Almost forgot, this amp does not like high capacitance speaker cables, so braided cat 5 cables, ribbontek (or ribbonflex) or gertz are out of the question!  I've tried the first two and I've included the third by reputation.

Edited by Cafad
2 people like this

Err how much for the police box in the corner... :)

You can't put a price on the Tardis, it's a pop culture icon and as such I could not bring myself to put it up for sale.

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

He's got a tardis so he's already done next Sunday!  :D How was it Cafad?

Sorry, I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement so I can't divulge any particulars, but generally speaking, pretty freaking awesome! 

Oh and Hensa, Monday after next you should really take a sickie.  Just trust me, OK!

1 person likes this

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

On a slightly more serious note, yes, I am looking forward to 06:50 on Sunday morning.  I've already set my alarm.

Wait a minute, that's daylight savings time.  OK, 05:50 EST it is then, good thing I checked.

The only thing missing are some daleks :)

I did have an inflatable dalek for a while, (originally purchased to be used as a bucks night joke for a mate of mine but for several reasons that never came to pass) but once my nephew decided that he would make a good boxing partner the poor dalek didn't last too long.

I miss him, he always got a few good stares when I drove around with him stuffed into the passenger seat (if only I'd had a sun roof, now that would have been cool).

OK, Christmas discount time.  Cut another hundred off the power amp for $1200 and $50 off the pre down to $750.

All right, just in time for "Christmas in July" I'll drop the price to $1000 for the 28 and $500 for the 21 (plus postage).  And Merry Not-Really-Christmas!

And a few pics of the classic 21 preamp by request.

post-130663-0-62579100-1404013470_thumb.

post-130663-0-63880000-1404013565_thumb.

post-130663-0-28769600-1404013654_thumb.

And just for kicks, a 'lids lifted' shot of the Classic 21 preamp.  

post-130663-0-42228900-1404014306_thumb.

And a 'lids lifted' shot or two of the Classic 28 power amp.

post-130663-0-03756400-1404014592_thumb.

post-130663-0-99468800-1404014696_thumb.

Note the size of the torroidal transformer in the 21 preamp, about the same size as the ones in the power amp, somewhere around 400VA I would guess.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AlurkA
      Item: Elektra Theatre 7 Channel Power Amp
      Price: $1300 ONO, includes donation to SNA. If shipping is required this will be at the cost of the buyer.
      Item Condition: It is in great condition for a 14 year old amplifier.  Yes it has a few scratches and marks. I have had it for around 2 years and in the last 12 months had it serviced and re-capped by Arthur. He also fixed a trigger issue so it can now be powered on/off from a pre or AV Receiver. Works perfectly. I had it paired with my Parasound P5 which is also up for sale and together they sounded great, slightly warm, smooth and a nice sound stage.
      Reason for selling: I have moved onwards and upwards.  I will probably regret selling this given I lose my ability to drive 7 channnels of Elektra goodness but hey funding new stuff has to been done through sacrifices according to the CFO.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash preferred as I have no boxes for this guy. Will go down the Paypal path if needed (the purchaser incurs the overheads associated with this)
      Extra Info: I am not 100% certain of its power given specs on this model are hard to come buy.  I believe its around the 150 Watt per channel mark, am happy to be corrected by those who are better informed.

Pictures: The pics below are of the actual unit for sale.

• By Tony Cox
      Item: CAWSEY Pure Class A single-ended solid state amplifier
      Price: $1800
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: recently bought less efficient speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - COD or bank transfer Only

Extra Info:
      This is a high-spec version of Garry Cawsey's superb sounding (8 ohm) class A amp with Bocchino RCA and speaker terminals, integral power cord and several other tweaks which only Garry knows the secrets of!

It has a built-in gain stage/volume pot, so in effect it behaves like an integrated amp with a single input if desired, or alternatively just pair it with a pre-amp for use as a dedicated power amp.

Conservatively rated at 12W per channel, it does a fantastic job of driving speakers rated upwards of 88 dB

Price new was $4000. (Garry's base model is $3000 but this is one with the 'extras'.) Although purchased a year ago, it has only been in use about half that time due to overseas trips and more recently the fact that my new speakers, being rated at 86dB into 4 ohm ideally need a beefier amp. Even though this amp drives them to decent volume levels without undue stress it is better paired with more sensitive speakers from a synergy point of view.

I have compared it with a Job power amp among others and this digs out way more of the music and presents it in that 'seductive' way characteristic of class A amps. This is genuine high-end sound at a fraction of the price.

Pictures:

• By SoundGuy
      Item: Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
      Price: $1900 Retail Price $3600 
      Item Condition: Brand New (only turned on to test it working)
      Reason for selling: Clearing Stuff
      Extra Info:

I bought this privately of a local guy here in Perth. Box was sealed and item was brand new. I only opened it to make sure everything works.
      Currently selling for $3600 everywhere:
      https://www.stereophonic.com.au/cambridge-audio-azur-851w-power-amplifier/
       http://www.lifestylestore.com.au/cambridge-audio-azur-851w-power-amplifier.html
      https://klappav.com.au/products/851w?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11tP_LnKXKseFLs7ao93lQ48KNr1pg6h6FCxMwemxQNxoC1Hjw_wcB

FLAGSHIP POWER AMPLIFIER
      The 851W has class XD amplification at 200W into 8 Ohms in stereo mode or 500W RMS per amp in mono bridged mode, separate toroidal transformers for the power amp and input/other circuitry, and terrapin impedance buffering modules. All in all it's the best sounding amplifier we have ever made.
      PURE PERFORMANCE
      Our best sounding amplifier ever, delivering a stunning 200 watts per channel. Works in stereo, mono or bridged mono mode for complete flexibility. Click on the video to the right to hear more.
      CLASS XD AMPLIFICATION
      Our proprietary amplification system switches dynamically between Class A and AB systems. Class A amplification delivers the purest possible sound, using only one transistor to conduct, but can be energy inefficient. Class AB involves both transistors conducting simultaneously, but makes it impossible to maintain a balance of low crossover distortion and power efficiency.
      Our Class XD system operates in both Class A and Class AB mode, dynamically moving the crossover point depending on the audio output volume. This combines the near zero crossover distortion of pure Class A with improved efficiency of Class AB at higher volumes, without any compromises in performance for the best of both worlds.
      TERRAPIN IMPEDANCE BUFFERING MODULES
      These proprietary modules replace the op-amps commonly found in similar amplifiers. At the critical low level gain stages, these offer far improved stereo separation and imaging – this is very rare at this price point.
      ALL METAL CHASSIS
      Extensive use of aluminium creates massive structural rigidity, while careful damping and control of acoustic resonance contribute to audiophile sound quality. Click on the video opposite to find out why all of our products use metal chassis.
      SYSTEM INTEGRATION
      Smart auto-standby mode detects incoming audio signals providing seamless integration with our preamplifiers.
      Cambridge Audio 851W Features
      Our proprietary Class XD amplification Separate toroidal transformers for power amp and input/other circuitry Our bespoke Terrapin impedance buffering modules – separating amplifier and signal impedance 200W into 8 Ohms stereo mode or 500W RMS per amp mono bridged mode CAP5 protection from DC spikes, overheating and clipping <0.5w smart="" auto-standby="" mode="" for="" integration="" with="" preamplifiers="" li=""> All metal chassis with premium components Remote Control – Compatible with the entire 851 range Cambridge Audio 851W Specifications
      Power output – stereo/mono 200W per channel into 8 Ohms 350W per channel into 4 Ohms Power output – bridged mono 500W 8 Ohms 800W 4 Ohms THD (unweighted) < 0.001% 1 kHz < 0.005% 20 Hz - 20 kHz Frequency response 5Hz – 80kHz S/N ratio (ref 1W / 8 Ohn) >90dB (unweighted) Sensitivity – stereo or mono 1.5V rms unbalanced 1.5 + 1.5V rms balanced Sensitivity – bridged mono 0.775V rms unbalanced 0.775V + 0.775V rms balanced Input impedances Balanced input 38 kOhm Unbalanced input 68 kOhm Power amp damping factor > 110 at 1 kHz Max. power consumption 2400W Standby power consumption Standby <0.5W Colour Black or silver Dimensions (HxWxD) 148 x 430 x 365mm (5.8 x 16.9 x 14.4”) Weight 19.1kg (42.2lbs) Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Item: Halcro Preamp DM8 and Halcro Power Amp DM38
      Price: S8000 each or both for $15000 (plus postage, buyer to cover paypal fees)
      Item Condition: Excellent, no visible scratches or marks.  Pictures below are archive pics, can pull them out of their containers and take fresh ones if required.
      Reason for selling:  I don't really use them and I would like some space and some cash.  I will regret selling them but that is a normal state of affairs and I will just have to get over it.  The Halcro gear has taught me a lot about how things sound and why they sound that way and for that reason alone they have a high sentimental value to me.  The fact that they are two of the lowest distortion pieces of home audio gear in the world is also a factor, of course.
      Extra Info:  Comes with aluminium flight case for the DM8, wooden crate/mini-pallet for the DM38, leather bound manuals for both and the remote for the DM8.  Don't go fooling yourselves here guys, the DM38 will cost a fortune to courier, please keep that in mind.

Pictures:

• By Tivoli Hi-Fi
      Item: Trade In Primare A34.2 Power Amplifier in Black 

Location: Tivoli Hi-Fi 155 Camberwell Road Hawthorn East VIC 3123

Price: $1600 Including Shipping anywhere in Australia

Item Condition: Trade in item in good condition. We don't have the original box, but can be shipped safely. 

Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash - Pickup in store, Credit Card including AMEX with no fees or penalties.

Extra Info:  Brilliant 150wpc power amplifier that will suit many pre amps or processors, can be used in XLR or RCA configuration and is a great match for many loudspeakers. Current model that has an RRP of $2999

PM Tivoli Hi-Fi staff [email protected] hours for prompt response.