Cafad

FS: Exposure Classic 28 Dual Mono Power Amp

15 posts in this topic

One Silver Exposure Classic 28 power amp rated at 70wpc into 8 Ohms.

Item:  Exposure Classic 28 Power Amp (in sliver)

Price:  $1200 (including postage to anywhere in Australia)
Item Condition:  Excellent, perhaps 200 hours of operation.
Reason for selling:  A little too warm for my liking.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  Retailed for about $5K when new.  Check out http://www.exposurehifi.com/classics.html for more info.  I also have a Classic 21 preamp available (in black) for $750 (including postage to anywhere in Oz)
Pictures: 

post-130663-0-63308600-1385082268_thumb.

Classic pre and power.

post-130663-0-38563300-1385082443_thumb.

And with some friends in my big comparo a while back.

I could have sworn I had an internal pic as well but it appears I don't :( .  Oh well, additional pics by request if anyone really wants to see the innards.

Edit:  Almost forgot, this amp does not like high capacitance speaker cables, so braided cat 5 cables, ribbontek (or ribbonflex) or gertz are out of the question!  I've tried the first two and I've included the third by reputation.

Edited by Cafad
2 people like this

Err how much for the police box in the corner... :)

You can't put a price on the Tardis, it's a pop culture icon and as such I could not bring myself to put it up for sale.

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

He's got a tardis so he's already done next Sunday!  :D How was it Cafad?

Sorry, I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement so I can't divulge any particulars, but generally speaking, pretty freaking awesome! 

Oh and Hensa, Monday after next you should really take a sickie.  Just trust me, OK!

1 person likes this

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

On a slightly more serious note, yes, I am looking forward to 06:50 on Sunday morning.  I've already set my alarm.

Wait a minute, that's daylight savings time.  OK, 05:50 EST it is then, good thing I checked.

The only thing missing are some daleks :)

I did have an inflatable dalek for a while, (originally purchased to be used as a bucks night joke for a mate of mine but for several reasons that never came to pass) but once my nephew decided that he would make a good boxing partner the poor dalek didn't last too long.

I miss him, he always got a few good stares when I drove around with him stuffed into the passenger seat (if only I'd had a sun roof, now that would have been cool).

OK, Christmas discount time.  Cut another hundred off the power amp for $1200 and $50 off the pre down to $750.

All right, just in time for "Christmas in July" I'll drop the price to $1000 for the 28 and $500 for the 21 (plus postage).  And Merry Not-Really-Christmas!

And a few pics of the classic 21 preamp by request.

post-130663-0-62579100-1404013470_thumb.

post-130663-0-63880000-1404013565_thumb.

post-130663-0-28769600-1404013654_thumb.

And just for kicks, a 'lids lifted' shot of the Classic 21 preamp.  

post-130663-0-42228900-1404014306_thumb.

And a 'lids lifted' shot or two of the Classic 28 power amp.

post-130663-0-03756400-1404014592_thumb.

post-130663-0-99468800-1404014696_thumb.

Note the size of the torroidal transformer in the 21 preamp, about the same size as the ones in the power amp, somewhere around 400VA I would guess.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HiFidelius
      Item:  ROTEL 1582 POWER AMP /1570 PRE AMP/1580 DAC  ALL BLACK,
      Price: EOI $4000
      Item Condition:1570 and 1580 2 months old still current models 1582 is Mark 1 now superseded by Mark 2 however item purchased 2 months ago never used never opened  still in original carton when bought....condition for all 3 units is as new unmarked
      Reason for selling: looking to upgrade to either a Mackintosh MA 6700 or Accuphase E-460/470 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% COD Only
      Extra Info:All 3 units come with original packaging, remotes cords as supplied and all paperwork .....just like buying new 
      Pictures:it's late I hope the pix are ok.....more pix of back and sides coming_----

• By Abrenner0
      Item: bryston 4sst2 power amp
      Price: 3000
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: relocating overseas
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
       Excellent condition, but no box. Upgraded power cable
      300 watts per channel, v. Clean power

Pictures:

• By Primare Knob
      Hi,

I am slowly gathering bits and pieces for my Martin Logan HT build.

I have a Sanders ESL to power the fronts, 2x Parasound Halo A23 to power the surrounds, but nothing yet to power the center speaker.
      The center speaker is a ML Stage X 70-22000Hz, max impedance drop to 4ohm. I am searching for another amp that matches the design quality as the Parasound and Sanders.
      Either a mono or stereo/mono with a reasonable price tag used or new. Still chasing and searching for another used A23 but wouldn't mind to hear other options.
    • By dr_carl
      Item: Emotiva XPA-200 SS Power Amp
      Price: $450 ($25 to SNA Donation)
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: extraneous to needs after moving to new apartment
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: This is an excellent amplifier and if I had a room to put it in I would not be selling it. Very accurate sounding and I did not give it up when I had the chance to buy an ME 75B (which is a legend). Have a read of the reviews I have written on SNA and you will see how enthusiastic I am about this amp. I imported this from the USA in Dec 2014 and have had no trouble at all.
      Pictures:

• By mwhouston
      This DIY 6V6 single-end, ultra-linear (SE UL) valve power amp was originally designed from the ground up by an electronics engineer in Seattle who has a passion for valve amps. The amp is based around all Australian made Mini-watt valves which lived under a house for over forty years. The base is varnished Merboo and top and bottom plates thick gauge Al. Paint is gloss black epoxy enamel. I wanted the sound of an early 6V6 amp so solder from the 60s with copper in it was used plus all carbon film resistors. Tag boards hold the parts and all wiring is point-2-point. Russian PIO caps are used in the inter-stage. Power transformer is mounted on rubber grommets to control vibration.

Three heavy solid brass gold plated cone feet secure the amp. The power transformer is Hammond and OPTs 15W Edcors sprayed black. Tube compliment; Black glass 6V6, 6SN7 and 5U4GB. The power supply is split from the first Russian PIO cap into two Hammond chokes and 2 X 100uf filter caps plus a third stage with 450uf 400V additional filter caps. Power filtering is three stage. The dual power supply split is maintained throughout the whole amp. There is a RFI\EMI power filter internally and ferrite cord choke on the power cable. Power is 2.6W RMS.

http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/black-lace-all-ozzie-valve-6v6-power-amp.html

Item: Black Lace tube power amp
      Price: $770 - price drop with improved and quieter power supply.
      Item Condition: As new - 10\10
      Reason for selling: Too many amps and more on the way
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Acoustic instruments really shine with this amp and voice is exceptional. It will rock with the right speakers. Speakers of about 90db efficiency will produce good volume depending on music type. I have used this amp with speakers of 87db efficiency with good results. Has a clean almost SS sound but with a classic tube amp feel. A neat and beautifully crafted amp.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use. 

Pictures:

Edited January 15 by mwhouston
      enikoy, misternavi and SETSergio like this