Spotify StereoNET Collaborative Playlist

Marc

This simplifies one of my standard practices for investigating new music was check out Currently Spinning thread then search Spotify.

Can I only access the playlist through the web player or can I add to my normal account? How to follow and add tracks didn't jump out at me either.

Not new to Spotify but never been past basic functionality.

Guidance appreciated as I'm keen to contribute.

Thanks for setting up Marc.

Edited by adamg

Adam, if you follow the link that Marc provided to the web version, sign in and click on 'follow' for the StereoNET playlist you will find that it will show up on all your devices.

Once you have done that, go to one of your own playlists or favourite tracks, right click and select 'add to', then select the SNA playlist.

I also have a question. We have many international members of SNA. Can they add to our playlist?

Edited by wolster

It's like facebook. Knew about it, steadfastly refused to get on it. Glad I did now. 

. . . still won't join facebook though.

Things I have learnt today:

1. According to Spotify forums, I can't add a picture to my profile because I'm not a FB user. Does anybody know a way around this, without joining FB?

2. One of Soundfan's most played artists is Katy Perry! :-P

3. I should have told Fuzzboy about this sooner, we have music playing in the office for the first time in years!

Things I have learnt today:

1. According to Spotify forums, I can't add a picture to my profile because I'm not a FB user. Does anybody know a way around this, without joining FB?

2. One of Soundfan's most played artists is Katy Perry! :-P

3. I should have told Fuzzboy about this sooner, we have music playing in the office for the first time in years!

Katy Perry? Really?

Thanks for the chuckle mate. :D

Katy Perry? Really?

Thanks for the chuckle mate. :D

I kid you not, when I clicked on your profile, Katy Perry was there among your favourites. You sound as surprised as I was! It may well be the first time I didn't follow up on one of your 'recommendations' .

Cheers mate :)

• Like 2

Great fun this thread and all the tunes to work through are a challenge but I am sure we are up for it.

I seem to have this urge to promote the great Aussie music from some of the up and coming/fringe musicians. So I will post a few of those. Most will be Sydney based so if anyone wants to share similar suggestions from other cities that would be great.

Great fun this thread and all the tunes to work through are a challenge but I am sure we are up for it.

I seem to have this urge to promote the great Aussie music from some of the up and coming/fringe musicians. So I will post a few of those. Most will be Sydney based so if anyone wants to share similar suggestions from other cities that would be great.

Nice one, Mark. Some great selections, Courtney Barnett, Oliver Tank, Nate Wooley. All artists I've been meaning to check out.

Cheers

Nate Wooley was not mine, its Chris Denyer's post, who I must say sir you have mighty fine taste in music and I have been picking yours out in particular as they are mostly new to me and sound great.

Leigh - check out the Son Lux (not aussie BTW) one I posted as i think you will like it -- its a new album that has been my most played lp since I picked it up a week ago.

• Like 1

I'm warming up to spotify.
For some reason the page kept 'loading' but never loaded..
Got it working now.

Not sure if I should add stuff, I got some weird, and by weird I mean 'aquired' taste.

I'm following it, cause I like to explore all aspects of music.
But tbh so far most of it is not my taste..

Good idea marc.

Edited by Damhooligan

I also have a question. We have many international members of SNA. Can they add to our playlist?

although living in Australia for almost 7 years, I have been living in the Netherlands for  30y.

So I can stil be considered international, no ?

I can add some music, but some wil be in dutch, not sure that would help. :cool: 

Edited by Damhooligan

Nate Wooley was not mine, its Chris Denyer's post, who I must say sir you have mighty fine taste in music and I have been picking yours out in particular as they are mostly new to me and sound great.

Leigh - check out the Son Lux (not aussie BTW) one I posted as i think you will like it -- its a new album that has been my most played lp since I picked it up a week ago.

Lol. I am  the Chris you refer to. I guess you are Mark Oliver?  I certainly enjoyed your Spotify picks as well.

That Courtney Barnett is completely fresh to me, she's a keeper. :D

although living in Australia for almost 7 years, I have been living in the Netherlands for  30y.

So I can stil be considered international, no ?

I can add some music, but some wil be in dutch, not sure that would help. :cool: 

Mate, good music is a universal thing, it matters naught where it's from.  Feel free to contribute anything you like.