Classical currently spinning thread

I love that recording. Never heard on vinyl though.

Herbie definitely knew how to whack true granduer of Bruckner. 

IMG_2927.thumb.JPG.05f852bc8639abcf3c77d3f0aa3d969f.JPG
Still haven't got chance to explore Bruckner but always on my list.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still breaking in the new DIY Mimic Carbon MM stage I'm looking for a variety of LPs to play. I usually stay away from the Brandenburg's as they get played way too often. Being a Deutsche Gram recording I knew sonically it would be good. Glad I played it. It was really enjoyable and the record is in excellent condition.

Brand (768x800).jpg

• Like 2

Just cleaned and had a quick scan of some more classical lps I picked up today from the local Op Shop, mainly WRC versions -

Handel Watermusic - Leppard, ECO
Vivaldi - Five Flute and Recorder Concertos - Linde, PCO
Willliams, String Quartets, Mof LG, 
Schubert Trout Quintet, Menuhin, Amadeus Quartet
Shostakovich Sym 10, USSR Sym Orch, Svetlanov
Beethoven Mass in C, Beecham, RPO
Mozart Piano Concertos, A Fischer, Philharmonia Orch, Boult
Ravel/Saint Saens Piano Trios, de la Pau, Yan and Paul Tortelier

All but the Mass in C are in excellent condition.

Read more: http://darklantern.proboards.com/thread/248/opp-shop-score?page=1#ixzz4qSf28VrV

• Like 3

Just been enjoying the interplay on this:

image.jpeg.03e8c11faeda446ef63ca4101fde19ba.jpeg

To quote Alfred (not Albert) Einstein: ‘Each instrument is primus inter pares, every note is significant …’  speaking of Mozart’s Divertimento in E flat major for string trio.

cheers

mick

• Like 1

J.S. Bach/ Paul Tortelier  The Cello Suites. His Master's Voice ‎ SLS 798/3 UK 1963.

"Bach in German means brook -- this brook runs to the river and that river runs to the sea. It's a progression which begins delicately and poetically. If you add too much expression with excessive Romanticism, the water stops flowing. . . . If you want to do an abstract Bach . . . then the water turns cold. That's no longer a Bach who glorifies God and nature, but one who glorifies the metronome." PT.

DSCN1494.JPG

Ludwig van Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff ‎– Sonaten Nr. 8 »Pathétique« · Nr. 14 »Mondschein« · Nr. 23 »Appassionata« 1965  DG SLPM 139 300 Au.

Starting to cull my classical & Wifey wanted to hear this one. Not bad she says but they all sound the same....

Yep this is a keeper. 

R-9272059-1501245213-4169.jpeg.jpg

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 4

Antonio Vivaldi - Margaret Marshall • Ann Murray • Anne Collins • Anthony Rolfe Johnson • Robert Holl, John Alldis Choir • English Chamber Orchestra, Vittorio Negri ‎ Dixit Dominus • Beatus Vir Philips ‎ 9502 027 Living Baroque Netherlands.

More smash hits from the 1700s from the red priest.

DSCN1505.JPG

DSCN1506.JPG

Completely out of season but I picked it up today at the tip of all places. Wow it sounds good! The cover is a little worse for wear but a clean along with a new inner and outer and it is now good for another 50 years.

863afb8234d151faaf4fa4368a0cf6d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 2