Promo Code of Coupon for Pure Music??

• 4 weeks later...

...speaking of Pure Music, is anybody using it? I downloaded the free trial version yesterday and installed it on my MacBook Air but can't get it to work with the DAC. The DAC is appearing in the Mac OSX environment as an audio output device, so the computer and DAC are talking to each other over USB, just can't get it to play. The DAC isn't engaging in DSD mode, and Pure Music won't get out of pause mode.

Hi Brodricj,

I thought PM was the "best" of the music players (which is very subjective I know...) but I couldn't justify the price & have settled on Audirvana+.

I did have problems with PM though; at the start of each track I would have about 1/2 second of white noise which was quite loud, annoying & I was worried it could damage my speakers.

I know this hasn't answered your question, hopefully someone will.

Cheers

Matt

After 3 days with PM I've abandoned it, way too buggy. I'm only using it to associate FLAC and DSD files with the iTunes playlist. I'm now using A+, much much more robust than PM, except for getting content into iTunes. As far as I can tell PM isn't compatible for DSD playback on the Matrix X-saber DAC because neither of the DSD flag setup options will get the DAC in DSD mode. A+ is not "plug-n-play" for DSD on the Matrix either, you need to change the audio setup to "DSD over PCM" for it to work.