Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jventer

Something I wish to share - music is wonderful

8 posts in this topic

I had family visiting for about two months during which the TV and HT system was utilised.

Last night I cranked the 2 channel system up for my wife with her favourite music: Frank Duval. This morning she left for Adelaide to visit her mum. An hour or so ago I put Leonard Cohen on -  being free to listen what I like. 

A few minutes later my 9 year old twin girls came to me and asked me to please put the girl on that sang last night. Such a precious moment.

" The girl" is one of the background singers. Anyway. I duly put Frank back on an the two proceeded to dance as gracefully as they could  with the music.

I feel blessed and privileged. Isn't it wonderful what music does!

6 people like this

Lovely mate. Music is truly the language than spans cultures and ages...

Very nice story.

Cheers

M

I get a buzz when my four year old boy tells me he likes the music, and when I see him and his younger brother move and respond to music physically. It is such a natural and beautiful thing.

Sometimes the older boy is inspired to sit at our old family piano and tinkle along to something we are playing, or pound the guitar or banjo we have around. I bought the boys a cheap ukulele from JB today. Might learn to play it myself.

My daughter also enjoys music, she's always singing and I love watching her play the air guitar too.

Ditto here, my girls love music, they have a very diverse taste too, like their Dad :)

Love it

On a few occasions I've found my 3 and 2yo boys dancing in front of my speakers. It's always very cute and brings a smile to my face. I've managed to record some of their movements too.

Lovely story Jv, thanks for sharing.  Music is the universal language of the soul.  Hence my sig quotes below.

M.

Lovely story Jv, thanks for sharing.  Music is the universal language of the soul.  Hence my sig quotes below.

M.

Love your signature