ML1 Limited

bhobba

I hate to tell you but they will get even better.  Like I said the real star of the recent GTG was some really well run in ML1 Plus R's - and that was against ML2 Reference.  It seems Mikes speakers just get better and better with use.

Thanks

Bill 

Did the ML1 Plus R speakers have Mundorf caps? I asked because I never liked the sound of Mundorf. However, some people say it takes a good 1,000 hours burn in time to show the real quality of the caps.

Did the ML1 Plus R speakers have Mundorf caps? I asked because I never liked the sound of Mundorf. However, some people say it takes a good 1,000 hours burn in time to show the real quality of the caps.

From the website the Plus R is half and half, Mundorf and Deulund.

From the website the Plus R is half and half, Mundorf and Deulund.

The ones we heard had Mundorf SIO as bypass to Erse.  Later on Mike switched to Erse bypassed with Duelund VSF Copper.  I have suggested he give Obligato but bypassed with Duelund a go - I have heard that's a particularly nice combo for the money.

And by reputation Mundorf SIO takes a long time to open up.

However Stevenvalve said the truest words of all IMHO - Duelunds are not the best game in town - they are the only game.  Expensive - but unfortunately true.  Once heard you don't want to go back.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

I hate to tell you but they will get even better.  Like I said the real star of the recent GTG was some really well run in ML1 Plus R's - and that was against ML2 Reference.  It seems Mikes speakers just get better and better with use.

Thanks

Bill 

That's not a bad thing Bill I am looking forward to the 1000 hour count.

Actually I have calculated mine to have closer to only 300 hours on them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

As mentioned in another thread Mike wants to build a ML1 Limited version with 6mm steel plate instead of copper.  He thinks it makes a difference for sure with ML2's - but ML1's are smaller and hence inherently more rigid and he wants to see exactly what the go is with them - it's thought even with the smaller ML1's the copper will be better, but there is nothing like actually doing an A/B comparison - it should be very interesting.

Thanks

Bill  

Hi Matt       just traded a pair of ML1Reference with about 850hours on them ! your right their so far ahead of new speakers. With the near 200 hours I ship them with their not even close to a fully burned in pair. This traded pair have knocked my socks off.

The problem is people are already waiting too long for their speakers , they are like dominoes all over the demo room floor waiting for Xovers I'd love to keep them another 2 weeks and run them 24/7 before shipping .         Regards Mike Lenehan

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - kinda  :D 

• Volunteer
Anyone that thinks Mike is making some kind of killing needs to visit him at his factory.

Thanks

Bill

I'm not quite sure why we want our manufacturers to suffer for their art. Is it somehow purer?

I, for one would be very happy for Mike if he made a squillion from following his passion

I'm not quite sure why we want our manufacturers to suffer for their art. Is it somehow purer?

I, for one would be very happy for Mike if he made a squillion from following his passion

Agreed, but not enough to retire before I can afford one of those ML2LEs!

Agreed, but not enough to retire before I can afford one of those ML2LEs!

Now you've got that soldering iron of yours you can make your own pair right now. You could go 20mm steel plate;). I know someone who could source and cut it for you. Call them C1's. Or the Backbreaker ver1 or any other suitable name.

I've been told they work better in pairs Cafad.

Do you have any data to substantiate your claim?

You would need to do some AB testing...... or double blind to overcome any expectation bias  :D

• Like 1

I have a reliable source.

A reliable source and two speakers are key parts towards achieving that ultimate stereo sound.

Just sayin'

Do you have any data to substantiate your claim?

You would need to do some AB testing...... or double blind to overcome any expectation bias  :D

Hmmm, I'm starting to get a slight suspicion that I'm doing something wrong.  I wonder what that could be. :sarc:

I love that new smiley!  But I keep forgetting he's there.

That is a nice smiley. Could we be further off-topic?

I'm sure we can. Just need Caddisgeek to expand on how a reliable sauce and ML1's can create a great pasta meal... Of course it's surely related to That time of the month...