bactamtung

SOLD: FS: Redgum Integrated Amp RGI 60 ENR (Signature)

6 posts in this topic

FS: Redgum Integrated Amp RGI 60 ENR (Signature)

Item:  Redgum Integrated Amp RGI 60 ENR (Signature) year 2008 – serial number 7304 0407 060836
Price: $1,125 including $25 donation to SNA (Half new price rule of thumb) - negotiable
Item Condition: excellent
Reason for selling: surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD
Extra Info: I’m loyal to Redgum and just upgraded to RGI 120 ENR which is basically very similar to 60 ENR but with a little more grunt when it occasionally comes to transient/dynamic and the like, but that’s the diminishing value law.

Website info: http://redgumaudio.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_73&product_id=65

60 ENR is almost equal to RGI 120 (Redgum wouldn’t recommend you to upgrade from 60 ENR to RGI 120 anyway as there’s not much improvement). The final test report when new (2008) is continuous RMS 129 watt per channel into 8 ohm and short term RMS is 267 watt per channel into 8 ohm. Test result is included in my Owner’s Manual.

The new price was $2,400 in 2008 but is dropped now to $2,250, hence I adopted the half current price rule.

Try before you buy for a few days can be arranged (potential buyer to pay for shipping). This is the best way to make sure this very affordable amp really makes your current system sing, or audit at my place is welcome at weekend. This amp drives my ProAc tablette 2000 and Tannoy 638 floor stander easily and beautifully (with Sapphire North Star CD player).

Shipping interstate would be around $35-$40 I think.
Pictures: Refer also to the website link above.

post-111807-0-12711600-1360570499_thumb.

Please support our sponsors by clicking on their banners:

PM sent

From the Classifieds Guidelines:

"Please avoid replying to listings with "PM Sent". This does not mean anything. If you are making an offer, if you wish to reply, then post "Offer Sent". Or if the listing includes multiple items for sale, please state which products you have made an offer on. This allows other interested parties to make an offer on other items for sale."

4 people like this

Since we have another confusing "pm sent" message, may I enquire if this amplifier is still for sale?

Thanks for your interest. Sale pending and I will update on this forum once finalised or re-activated.

Cheers, Tung

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gijo1977
      Hi all,

I am looking for any thoughts, experiences and information about an older Redgum RGi60 amplifier, it has the dual volume pots for the dual mono thing.

I have found one for sale just around the corner and it is possible to possibly conduct an in-home audition with my current gear, but I am unsure about the brand and the capability of driving difficult speakers with only 60w per channel? The speakers are Paradigm S2 and I am thinking about replacing the new NAD C388 with something better matched to the speakers, rather than replacing the speakers at this stage.

Any thoughts as to price for a used one or things to look out for would be appreciated. Also is it possible to use the red gum as a faux power amp given the dual mono layout and passive pre-amp stage? like could I just set the vol to max and then use a DAC/Pre to deal with the music?

Thanks

Dan
    • By Cafad
      Item: One Xindak A600E (09) Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $2200 plus postage (buyer to pay paypal fees if choosing to use paypal)
      Item Condition: Very good 9/10.  
      Reason for selling: I have declared 2017 the year of keeping the components moving.  I only have so much space now that I'm down here in SE QLD so I have to plan to make the most of the space that I have. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Affectionately referred to as "The Iron Ingot", this amp is heavy.  It weighs in at 53kg but somehow manages to seem even heavier, I make mention of this for two main reasons.  The first is that postage is going to be high, the second is that potential buyers may want to ensure the assistance of a well built friend when unpacking and manhandling the Xindak into position.  Also, this is a large amp so please ensure that you can fit it into your audio rack ahead of buying it.  
      Comes with remote, manual and original box and packing.  (which I consider to be a bit on the light side to contain such a heavy amp so I will likely be beefing it up to a point where I'm happy with it).
      A couple of good, informative reviews can be found on the links below.
      http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/xindak-a600e-mk-ii-integrated-amplifier-1869-p.asp
      https://headmania.org/2015/08/17/xindak-a600e-09-version-integrated-speaker-amplifier-review/
      However, just to clarify the wattage info in those links.  There is nothing in the manual about how many watts the amp puts out in pure class A, I tend to believe the 30wpc figure because it gells fairly well with the heat put out by the amp and the minimum power draw of 310 watts mentioned in the manual.  I believe the 60 watt figure mentioned in the second link is a total figure rather than a per channel rating.

Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Item:  YBA Passion IA350 Integrated Amplifier
      Price:  $3000 (RRP $7000)  (Buyer to cover paypal fees if they choose to use paypal)
      Item Condition:  Excellent, presents as new.
      Reason for selling:  Not really my cup of tea sound wise, nice detail from the in-built DAC and nice rhythm from the amp itself but it just doesn't gel with my speakers.  I suspect it would perform much better with speakers of higher efficiency than my 86db Lenehans.
      Extra Info:  Comes with remote and manual.  Will be packed in original double box packaging (the inner box has a wooden frame, very solid).  Purchased in early 2016 from Audio Heaven.
      http://www.audioheaven.com.au/passion-integrated-amp-ia350

Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Item:  Nuprime IDA-8 Integrated Amplifier
      Price:  $850 ($25 is to cover postage)
      Item Condition: Excellent condition, one light scratch on top case (towards the right rear of the unit, can be seen on the third pic)
      Reason for selling:  Just don't need it, or several of the other amps I currently have.  I wasn't really taken with this amp and I don't believe it represents good value for money at its retail price of $1700.  At my asking price however I think it is a much better buy.
      Extra Info:  Purchased via ebay, copy of receipt included in box.  Comes with both remotes, blue tooth dongle and two usb cables, see pics for details.  Comes with manual, pictured, in original box with original packing (the only exception to that being the plastic bag the amp came in, I can't find it so I've plastic wrapped it to stop it rubbing on the packing, see pic 5).

Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Item:  Sansui AU-5900 Integrated Amp.
      Price:  $300 (plus postage, buyer to pay paypal fees if they choose to use paypal)
      Item Condition:  Very good for an amp of its age.  Still has great bling factor (see pics, the way it shines in sunlight is pretty damn cool).
      Reason for selling:  I need room and have too many amps.  Also I have moved up the Sansui tree to an Alpha 907NRA.
      Extra Info: I picked up this amp from another SNA member, it had been checked over and given a clean bill of health by skippy124.  I haven't had an ounce of trouble from it and it gave me motivation to move on up the Sansui line and try some of the higher spec amps.  Time to let it move on though I'm afraid.  Rated at 45wpc but known to perform at about 55wpc.  Scroll all the way down for pics.  There is no such thing as original boxes for amps of this age so I have it wrapped in industrial bubble wrap, double boxed and sealed up with enough packing tape to choke a dozen green turtles.  In other words, packed up rather well.

Item:  Opoint O-150 Integrated amp.
      Price: $350  (plus postage, buyer to pay paypal fees if they choose to use paypal)
      Item Condition:  As new, I can't find any scratches.  Bought new about 12 months ago via Ali Express for $606.09, the price has gone up since then.
      Reason for selling: I need room and have too many amps.
      Extra Info: Rated at 150wpc into 8 ohms this little thing certainly does not lack for power.  It is a bare bones design, no remote, no phono, no extras of any kind just three inputs, volume control and an on/off switch.  It sounds pretty good, certainly very good for the price and it does react well to the replacement on the two op-amps on the preamp board with Burson discrete op-amps, but it isn't a giant killer as such.  Good value though, and it does a good job with LS50s.  It leaves with everything it arrived with, which is nothing, even the box it came in was unmarked and unlabeled. 

Item:  Myryad MI120 Integrated Amp
      Price:  $400  (plus postage, buyer to pay paypal fees if they choose to use paypal)
      Item Condition: Very good for its age, cosmetically and electronically.
      Reason for selling: I need room and have too many amps.
      Extra Info: Comes with a remote (not the original but one of the remotes that comes with the later Z series) and the manual for the remote, I don't have a manual for the actual amp.  Rated at 60wpc into 8 ohms it is a nicely warm and detailed amp with good bass.  Closer to the sound of the earlier Exposure amps than to the later Myryad Z and MX series.  

Pictures:  Pics are in order (I hope!)  Sansui, Opoint, Myryad.