Yamaha CD-S3000 & AS-3000

Geeez I nearly sprung for the 2000 series gear when it was released... glad I didn't ;)

That amp is worth buying for retro industrial aesthetic alone :)

The real question is whether the matching SACD spinner is just a pretty box or offers something genuinely new and/or different.

Hi "pchan",

i suspect that they are non-functional prototypes....well for $4K each...they better be! LOL! :D

Mr Wonder

So you might be right 1st time Mr Wonder, they may be "hoax" LOL :P:D :lol: Check the IEC plug, no earth pin, must be for the Japanese market, the end users there dont need labelling on all there in/out RCA's, they must know where averything goes LOL :D

Edited by pchan

• 6 months later...

they look F'in awesome !. I wonder if those with the NS 1000M monitors are tempted. match made in heaven ? an all yamaha system that would be pretty stunning I imagine. I do wonder if yamaha is going to release something in the line of the ns1000M to match up to these beauties :) 

Hehehe. Just imagine it. NS "3000" monitors to match. Sadly it won't happen cos it all makes too much nostalgic sense.

yeah how can they release such nostalgia pieces like these and forget about the speakers ? they could be in piano black finish to match the side panels on these

...beat me to it Al :)

Zooming in on the eternal shows what appears to be the ubiquitous ess sabre dac.

You will never see quality like this, check out the earth screws that are used to secure the pcbs, they are copper, the wires of the toroidal go into a termination strip that is screw type. This is a work of art! Getting very rare on HiFi components, you will only see this in industrial electronics that deal with 32amp+

• Like 1

You will never see quality like this, check out the earth screws that are used to secure the pcbs, they are copper, the wires of the toroidal go into a termination strip that is screw type. This is a work of art! Getting very rare on HiFi components, you will only see this in industrial electronics that deal with 32amp+

It's somewhat of a 'back to the future' moment... modern commercial hifi manufacturers using nice touches found in some of their vintage/older units ;) Edited by pete_mac

yes very good to see this level of quality. especially in this era of a lot of cost cutting and a lot of cheap nasty stuff that tends to be out there. good to see yamaha going to its audio roots with some quality stuff here :)

• 3 weeks later...