Analog Instruments tonearm from New Zealand

Found this kool pre production tonearm today from across the ditch. take a look, quite interesting.

Disclaimer -

I have no commercial interest in this product, like anything I post I do it because I love hifi and music.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38020&d=1321595960

attachment.php?attachmentid=38022&d=1321595986

attachment.php?attachmentid=38023&d=1321595998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIOx3bUo3yQ

Edited by turntable

TT can u/someone explain the theory re wooden arm wands

a piece of 12" dowel has properties quite opposite to the standard metal arm

I believe the theory of wooden arm wands or even cartridge bodies is one of combining a certain frequency resonance of the wood coupled with the natural warmth/tone that wood has. That is why hard woods like zebrawood, rosewood and alike are generally used.

Metal arm wands generally need to be damped As metal rings, so the resonance is controlled, something wood arm wand do not need.

I also think turning long arm wands may be easier than hollow metal arm wands for small manufacturers

Tonearms like Schroder, Talea, Reed all use wood arm wands

I am sure someone else has a more technical explanation thou

• 3 weeks later...

Ok jaspert what music do you think first ????????????? got John Hammond's first album very young blues man or Prof Above hmmmmmmmmmmm oh jaspert a really nice German pressing 1812 or Tom Waits latest or Blue Valentine maybe.

GV tonearm from NZ. It has to be either Dragon ,Split Enz or the Chills. :P

Bailter Space even better if you have it. ;)

Can you expand, sirAndy? What TT did you hear it on?

Hi wolster, I probably shouldn't have made that post.

I heard the arm on omegaspeedy's own Lenco. He's a friend and therefore I guess I'm biased so I don't know if I should really be commenting; I don't want to sound like a sycophant. I will say that I believe in the product and I doubt people will be disappointed.