Elbow?

Hi Michael - didn't know there was a group/band/orchestra called Elbow!

Who are Elbow? What's there music like? (They are a music act on tour aren't they?)

Begs the question, is there...Arm out there etc?!

M.

Hi Michael - didn't know there was a group/band/orchestra called Elbow!

Who are Elbow? What's there music like? (They are a music act on tour aren't they?)

Begs the question, is there...Arm out there etc?!

M.

There also a band called finger, but I don't think you can get them on vinyl.

This is a band with their priorities straight:)

Elbow To Launch Their Very Own Beer - 'build a rocket boys!’ beer

by Elbow on Tuesday, 12 July 2011 at 21:15

Elbow are set to launch their very own beer this autumn: the limited edition 'build a rocket boys!' beer.

Proud supporters of traditional British real ale - the band have teamed up with local business Robinsons Of Stockport, an award winning family brewers, to create this very special cask ale.

The new beer is brewed to Elbow’s own specifications after a series of tastings at the brewery. Band members sampled a range of Robinsons’ ales to shortlist their preferred style of beer, taste and colour before deciding on a golden ale with a rich rounded body, smooth bitterness, subtle tang of malt and fruity aroma. Elbow’s ale will be a golden premium session bitter at 4.0% ABV, available in cask only.

'build a rockets boys!' real ale gets its official launch at this year's Manchester Food & Drink Festival in October and will be available in selected pubs across the 400-strong Robinsons pub estate throughout September and October.

Look out for it during Freshers’ Weeks at universities across the North West area and at selected free trade outlets nationally while stocks last.

The band can't wait for you to try a pint.

I really like Elbow, been getting into Build a Rocket Boys, but really love Seldom Seen Kid. The first song on that album, Starlings, is great. That annoying trumpet thing that ruins a perfectly lovley song.

I was supposed to organise tickets, but got lazy..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Elbow last night. We were stupid enough to turn up at the advertised starting time of &30 to find that Elbow weren't on until 9:45! Mme T and I had a nice drink in a city bar - very pleasant:)

The Palace is a good venue, stand up but reasonable sound is possible, it's an old cinema. The sound was very good and not too loud - about 90dB on the iPhone. It was a great concert, mostly songs from the last 2 albums, an effusive Guy Garvey involving the audience in sing alongs on the choruses. They sound remarkably like they do on the records! It's worth going if you have a chance. Mme T said that I'd redeemed myself after the terrible sound experience I put her through at Neil Young

• 5 years later...