Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

All Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy. Shredding. Yay! :)

images (9).jpg

I just found my copy of this last night (LP bought in 1977). I had better clean it up & reevaluate it, as by the 1980s I had sort of gone off the jazz-rock idiom, I think it must have been too much Weather Report or something.....

• Like 3

Michael Jackson-Dangerous. I love the soul/funk/disco/pop of Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad and reckon they are 3 of the finest albums recorded but the relentless heavy thumping repetitive tuneless beats of Dangerous stop me from getting halfway though the record. It wears me down.

Dangerous.thumb.jpg.c5cd3a32e3aca6e25ece3218a08dd35a.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hergest said:

Michael Jackson-Dangerous. I love the soul/funk/disco/pop of Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad and reckon they are 3 of the finest albums recorded but the relentless heavy thumping repetitive tuneless beats of Dangerous stop me from getting halfway though the record. It wears me down.

Dangerous.thumb.jpg.c5cd3a32e3aca6e25ece3218a08dd35a.jpg

I would have agreed, 25 years ago. But it grew on me. For me, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous is the Ultimate MJ Trilogy, with Bad taking the top spot.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

Richard Thompson-Still. When I read this was produced by Jeff Tweedy I was put off a bit as I've never been a fan of Wilco's sound as a band but this is an excellent album, another gem from Thompson. Maybe it's time for me to revisit my couple of Wilco lps?

The vinyl boxset is very good. 3 records at 45 rpm, the full album plus a 5 track ep. Terrific sonics and perfectly pressed.

Thompson.thumb.jpg.88f2d788ffed67748c9b5bf02d1b07ce.jpg

• Like 4

this is one of the best record of the 70's

i bought it after reading a view probably in Rolling Stone magazine 

still remember the cover and taking it home and the sound of it (the band not the technology) and the vocal which could be kind of soft and tough in the same song

seriousdrug problems and having a sound totally different to The much harder rock n roll sound of New York and unsympathetic record label didn't help with fame

his 3 rd album was recorded I think in Paris and he eventually moved to Europe

the drugs took away a lot of the uniqueness of his voice but even in the early 00's he could still use it to make the songs real

he died a few years ago from I think pancreatic cancer

the first 3 records are as good as it gets even after all this time and no sign of  the music dating 

Bob Dylan thinks he should be in the R&r hall of fame but I kind of hope not in one way at least because he was never part of it and the rubbish they fill that hall up with now it wouldn't be a comfortable fit

IMG_0309.JPG

• Like 3