Currently Spinning

White Lion MQA on Tidal.

Some of the best guitar work you'll ever here but jury is still out on MQA, man it's bloody LOUD.

WL.JPG

NAH, it took me a whole 2 minutes to turn that off and go back to the normal version, so loud it's unbearable.

Edited by powerav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ollie_08 said:

First spin tonight, Malcolm John "Mac" Rebennack aka Dr John!
d81d96cf568fcd0e217aed9476b37db3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love the Mick Jagger and EC cameos, not to mention the Memphis Horns et al......

cheers

mick

• Like 2

Was listening to this last week via Apple music. Found it in a Hobart record store so grabbed it.

I liked the melodies and the songs but didn't have high hopes on the recording quality.

Mudcrutch is Tom Petty and one of his first bands (some went into Heartbreakers)

Well i was pleasantly surprised. And when you look at the credits i can see why.

Great analogue sound and not at all compressed (which i assumed Tom would be).

Great album

Mudcrutch - 2

2d022f77471068ed0ff3dabc10d81203.jpg1971aab80f9d6878b96f315afeaf4015.jpge6410fb4e9cc1f06657624b331bade08.jpgd46da6a7b4b67935d33ec255ce3e46e6.jpgddaf6385c67b8b67e6ea09fbddf2f927.jpgc7cda1f866eba34079dd19fb2cee5ee8.jpg95ff51e32b04bf09a6b630d180c00199.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

On 05/05/2017 at 6:46 PM, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

The Tremeloes Reach Out For The Tremeloes MFP 1973 Australia. Spinning on the TT I found in an op shop on the way home! Yes it works!

Cowboy's lament Gordon McRae WRC T334 UK, Release date, who knows when & who even cares.... Has to be 200g+ wt vinyl, but not my cup of tea, sounds like a country version of Dean Martin X John McCormack....

DSCN1137.JPG

DSCN1136.JPG

DSCN1138.JPG

DSCN1135.JPG

Googled Gordon

He was a musical movie star

• Like 2

I was 19 when this came out

and 20 21 22 23 as it seeped into my consciousness 

for surfers at that time it rivalled Neil Young and Astral Weeks for listening to rolling down the road looking for waves and smoking your way into enlightenment 

so to speak

but I haven't listened to it for over 20 years because of the Salman Rushdie stuff

bought it last week in Brisbane for 10 bucks

and glad I did

sure sounds good my stereo sounds a bit better than portable car cassette players and 20 dollar turntables

image.jpg

• Like 6

A give this flag quite frequently, for the simple reason, it is brilliant and holds up so well.

Live in the studio, with Rob doing a few minor guitar touch ups. It sounds so full, rich and alive - 1973 vintage Aussie instrumental music.

The band reputedly did not like it, but had only one go at it.  I think they underestimate its uniqueness. On the decent Hifi systems of today, this leaps out of the boxes.

The live set was never meant to be released, Gudinskiburger doing the dirty after Rob had taken off overseas.

So glad it was recorded. I was at this concert. 

Billy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 1

@Zen Mister          I was at this concert. 

You had hair, were wearing flares (or were they still called bell bottoms then?),everyone was like kinda stoned or sipping southern comfort and ...

Yooth, your yooth was on display and the night was late.

Yo Billy

• Like 2

@Luc, Yo right back at ya - why does this not surprise me. A gentleman of taste and discernment.

Levi 501s , white Tee , hair half way down my back, definite Southern Comfort buzz, ( or Friends of Janis as I like to think of it), five rows back. Bliss. Historical proof now unattacheda if you missed it, you missed it. 

Billy.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Citroen said:

Matthew Halsall via Tidal HiFi (and vinyl just ordered)

R-2841117-1303483567.jpeg.jpg

R-7631520-1445857150-8123.jpeg.jpg

Ordered "On The Go" myself, but have since read that a couple of folk have stated they have found non fill issues, especially on side 3 of the second disc. :(

Hope it's not a universal problem, cause the album is superb.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1