Currently Spinning

18 hours ago, Zen Mister said:

The Audio Fidelity cd from a few years back is gorgeous. May still be in print.

Didn't find the AF , but a few Japanese remasters, even Rhino remastered with bonus tracks.

• Like 1

@YCCThere are a couple of copies on Amazon at the moment, good/used around $40 U.S. 

Put the album name plus Audio Fidelity into the search. 

To buy new, these were $30 U.S. so for something out of stack, not a huge rise.

I played this to a well known member a few years back and he was instantly impressed.

BIlly.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 2

After Boris on Monday night, it had to be Pink.  

Goddamn that was a good gig.  Neck is still a bit stiff too, I'm out of practice.  Tangled Thoughts of Leaving seemed heavier than last time I heard them which was good, and Boris nailed it.  Something to be said for being a few feet away from the players.

4bfb1dba.jpg

• Like 2

Slowdive: self titled

My favourite non jazz album of the year thus far. It's like the band never went away. Great album.

The vinyl was quite badly dished when it arrived yesterday, and I accidentally left it in the Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch for 24 hrs. I normally use a 10 hr session when dealing with warped or dished records, but forgot to remove it before I went to work this morning.

But it was excellent, a perfectly flat slab of vinyl now. :)

20170517_201250.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All

An afternoon of Procol Harum and Traffic:

Procol_Harum-A_Salty_Dog_(album_cover).jb00006alrp01sclzzzzzzz4gg.jpg traffic-john-barleycorn-must-die-front-3 85d6d0200d154e55978786890cb8360a.jpg

JJ

I remember when I was at "The Legends of Rock" Tour, (Late 90's) I was at the side of the stage and there in front of me was Gary Brooker jiving in a suit to Roger Daltry singing Pin Ball Wizard. Magical.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Slowdive: self titled

My favourite non jazz album of the year thus far. It's like the band never went away. Great album.

The vinyl was quite badly dished when it arrived yesterday, and I accidentally left it in the Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch for 24 hrs. I normally use a 10 hr session when dealing with warped or dished records, but forgot to remove it before I went to work this morning.

But it was excellent, a perfectly flat slab of vinyl now. :)

20170517_201250.jpg

Hi Chris,

is this the product you are using to flatten your warped records?  http://vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Hi Chris,

is this the product you are using to flatten your warped records?  http://vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html

G'day Gary

That's  the one. I also purchased the pouch which provides the heat.

I recall someone on this thread (can't remember who) didn't like the product much, but I have had excellent results over the three or so years I have had mine.

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77
4 minutes ago, Wiffle said:

Play some, and you won't feel numb any more... Music is simply sound which stirs emotion emoji111.png Wish there was a "metal hands" emoji...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Too true! \m/ 

1 hour ago, Jakeyb77 said:

I can't even play any Chris Cornell right now.... I'm numb. 

Now is the time to play some Jakeyboy...  ;)

Audioslave for me, just finishing Out Of Exile, then will move to a Chris Cornell playlist on Spotify to mix it up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakeyb77 said:

I can't even play any Chris Cornell right now.... I'm numb. 

I was/am a massive fan of Chris Cornell. I hadn't heard the news and just googled after I read your post. In my opinion one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alfred Hayes said:

I was/am a massive fan of Chris Cornell. I hadn't heard the news and just googled after I read your post. In my opinion one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

I agree, my mate and I had this conversation a while back and both agreed he had one of the best rock voices of all time....his unplugged stuff is just outstanding.....a massive loss to the music industry.

• Like 1

Hi All

London Undersound - Nitin Sawhney                                                                        Paul Simon - Graceland                      

Undersound.jpgPS.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5