Currently Spinning

The Cosmic Dead have a new LP out.

Do like.  

It's almost more... experimental or drone-like in some of the repetitiveness (and heavier) I think than outright psychedelica.  Which I see nothing wrong with.  And going by the album title, maybe neither do the band ha.  Couple of little bit remind me a bit of Swans too for some reason, although I've been getting that a bit lately with other music too.  

And nothing like kicking off with a 21 minute song!

a0334983472_2.jpg

https://thecosmicdead.bandcamp.com/album/psych-is-dead

Edited by Monk

The new Brian Jonestown  Massacre effort... A great listen. Anton's creative energy knows no limit it would seem... Some really interesting techniques employed in the mix on this album - if a little bright. 

Anyone know what gear/software he uses? @metal beat ya geek - I'm looking at you... ;):)

IMG_20170429_191527.thumb.jpg.fab087ffb91def8200c3d792259c4fd8.jpg

• Like 1

The new self titled Robyn Hitchcock album via Tidal.

Image result for robyn hitchcock new album 2017

What's it like?  It's Robyn Hitchcock innit?  This is his best outing for many years - it's a great record and one I will be grabbing on vinyl.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ABG said:

The new self titled Robyn Hitchcock album via Tidal.

Image result for robyn hitchcock new album 2017

What's it like?  It's Robyn Hitchcock innit?  This is his best outing for many years - it's a great record and one I will be grabbing on vinyl.

I streamed it last night. Agreed, it's very good. Hitchcock doesn't normally do much for me, was a refreshing change.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

The new Brian Jonestown  Massacre effort... A great listen. Anton's creative energy knows no limit it would seem... Some really interesting techniques employed in the mix on this album - if a little bright. 

Anyone know what gear/software he uses? @metal beat ya geek - I'm looking at you... ;):)

IMG_20170429_191527.thumb.jpg.fab087ffb91def8200c3d792259c4fd8.jpg

NFI - pot calling pot geek - jeezzz      whatever he is using its probably vintage 70's synths and pedals into some crappy digital recorder..

Its working, as this album is the bomb - gets better every time you play it - funny, side 2-4 are the best.

33509798644_27988a1d98_h.jpg

• Like 2

Been listening to this Guy for almost 50 years now

Think I'll make it a 1st 2nd

and 3rd for the rest of the afternoon

Even have his records framed

Never tire of these 70's records

First record I ever bought

even the original price sticker is legible

$5.75 from Myers 

A lot of money then but personally  priceless now

Neil Young was his first record but not released in Australia till after After The Gold Rush from memory

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Its working, as this album is the bomb - gets better every time you play it - funny, side 2-4 are the best.

I'm on only my third spin with the new BJM album. and agree. It does get better each listen. :)

• Like 3

I received shipping notification this morning for the new Lanegan album Gargoyle. All reports are that it's a bottler.

Spinning this one.......before the footy comes on the box.

20170430_151611.thumb.jpg.da1b95db76461f2acd8bfbec9fb7a390.jpg

I bought it (gargoyle) on cd on Thursday afternoon; couldn't wait. It's definitely a good album, but like much Lanegan needs more than one listen to start sinking in. I still think Bubblegum is a better album at this stage, but that opinion may change. His gig at the Gaelic club in Sydney to support that album is possibly the most intense gig I've ever been to, and is in my all time top 3... [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The GLW is out for the afternoon and evening, so I've had free reign. After Neil Young it was Gorillaz and QOTSA(LTP) in the afternoon, then some Prince (Parade), onto The Very Best of Steely Dan, now Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues(what an amazing trip!!!), and next up is some mixed ELO, and finishing with Wrecking Ball by Emmy Lou Harris. 3 beers and some delicious Mezcal, and the evening is complete!!! [emoji38]

0501bfa7d2468349321edf7f993d1044.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Been playing heaps of jazz of late.

Time for a change of genre, and for an elder statesman to show his wares. 

Blues Funeral is slowly creeping towards being my favourite album of Lanegans.

20170501_151357.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 5