Currently Spinning

9 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Cream, 1973,  Heavy cream RSO 2671102, Aust 1973 reissue; Gene Clark Roadmaster Edsel ED198 UK reissue 1986.

clark.jpg

cream.jpg

Binge bought a few Gene Clark CDs recently

Do you know the one he did with Carla Olsen

Seriously good record

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 2

On ?4?/?8?/?2017 at 7:15 AM, Hensa said:

Early start this beautiful morning and before the kids are up, one my favourite albums of 2016.

An excellent warm-up for the show tonight with Shining Bird's Black Opal.

c20e1748e43d926e8a2756bc82ada94f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to catch up with a few SNA folk last night.  Here's a pic from the Shinning Bird concert.

2017-04-09 00.00.08.jpg

• Like 2

Chillin' on a gorgeous Sunday arvo.  

Image result for hidden orchestra wingbeats

Doesn't get much better than this.  Sublime performance, recording and pressing.  Not a sound to be heard on the vinyl other than what the artist put there.  Get a copy while you can.

• Like 5

wingbeats-by-hidden-orchestra.jpg?w=640

Doesn't get much better than this.  Sublime performance, recording and pressing.  Not a sound to be heard on the vinyl other than what the artist put there.  Get a copy while you can.

This arrived a few weeks ago on recommendation from Mark. @viognier

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABG said:

Vinyl copies of Archipelago and Reorchestrations was all I could afford at the time. Wingbeats and Flight had to be dropped off the list :(

• Like 1

Taking things up a notch or two here and now spinning Everclear - Sparkle and Fade.

Image result for everclear sparkle and fade 500 x 500

Easily their best album and a wonderful record from start to finish.  Sounds pretty good too.

I saw these guys at The Metro on their last tour.  In the words of Comic Book Guy - Worst. Sounding. Gig. Ever.

We stood right in front of the mixing desk and kept on looking around to see when the 'sound engineer' was going to do something to improve the diabolical sound, but he just kept nodding his head and grinning as though it sounded fine.  We left about halfway through the gig.  There were about a dozen people out the front of the metro all complaining about the god awful sound.  Shame, 'cos it looked like they were playing well.  Should have stayed at home and listened to this...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Vinyl copies of Archipelago and Reorchestrations was all I could afford at the time. Wingbeats and Flight had to be dropped off the list :(

Next order Cliff.  They're still readily available.  :thumb:

Archipelago not so much.  Night Walks fuggetaboutit.  :(

Edited by ABG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ABG said:

Isn't Wingbeats a single, but with different versions of the single?