Currently Spinning

a2138105204_16.jpg

Caleb R.K. Williams - The Golden Tombs Sessions -- a collection of three EPs, all tracks solo electric guitar, sounding like "Angels Of Darkness" era Earth (in fact the last track is an Earth cover). Sorta like Neil Young playing a Nick Cave penned version of Paris, Texas. Part of the Sonic Eagle netlabel discography, which tries to promote an "ambient americana" sound, and I'm liking what I've heard so far.

Free download on Bandcamp, see the Currently Yoinking thread for details. 

--Geoff

• Like 3

One of those rare days when I don't want to get up and turn a record over so it's been cds.

RIchard Clapton-Distant Thunder

Clapton.thumb.jpg.b9c60e30b591deb68fe0dd8962a24e81.jpg

Al Di Meola-The Infinite Desire

58d238bd9ee59_AlDiMeola.thumb.jpg.7b423c4c98ee72b42c38e1a1aae1592b.jpg

Mike Oldfield-Light And Shade

Oldfield.thumb.jpg.6235d4f2480a0e4633082df9f48a8082.jpg

Genesis-The Greatest. A Japanese collection of mostly Phil Era stuff.

Genesis.thumb.jpg.cdeb39cc66204f45c0dfbee9916e6fae.jpg

PiL - second edition aka Metal Box.  Seminal album this and about time I owned it on record, I still don't think anything that has come after 9or before) sounds remotely like this. If anybody who has the original metal boxed 45rpm set, or the new expanded 2017 re-issue could you let me know which is preferable?

810G-UXNxwL._SL1300_.jpg

I have the original 45rpm set in the metal film canister, it's an amazing recording right up there with the 12 inch 45 of Blue Monday for dynamics and SQ. I haven't heard the new edition so I can't compare it. Someone that had bought it new and played it once sold it to me 5 years ago for $20!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, proftournesol said:

I have the original 45rpm set in the metal film canister, it's an amazing recording right up there with the 12 inch 45 of Blue Monday for dynamics and SQ. I haven't heard the new edition so I can't compare it. Someone that had bought it new and played it once sold it to me 5 years ago for $20!

Thanks Prof, you have confirmed an opionion from another forum on te brilliant SQ of the original, I think its time I hunted one down :)

Sun Ra – The Heliocentric Worlds Of Sun Ra, Volume 2 

Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue, Remastered, Stereo, Green

Not sure if its the vinyl or the stereo, but everything is sounding particularly sweet today. :)

R-7138130-1437067242-6743.jpeg.jpg
Edited by Citroen
  • Like 4

Always been a big Rammstein fan but recently I seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession over their live performances. I actually look forward to doing the ironing now so I can crank up a Youtube concert. I need to see them perform live, their performances look and sound phenomenal. Cannot get enough of their raunchy guitar sounds.

71jpOB39eBL._SL1038_.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, mondie said:

Always been a big Rammstein fan but recently I seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession over their live performances. I actually look forward to doing the ironing now so I can crank up a Youtube concert. I need to see them perform live, their performances look and sound phenomenal. Cannot get enough of their raunchy guitar sounds.

71jpOB39eBL._SL1038_.jpg

I have seen them twice. Both times they have rated in my top live concert experiences and certainly the most intimidating show. I mean lets face it, everyone gets set on fire. ;-)

Edited by crisis
  • Like 2