Currently Spinning

From 2011, Brooklyn based indie band, LOWRY, with the album 'EMPORIA'.

Alex Lowrys' voice is an acquired taste, but the songs, arrangements and production are very solid. Some sublime moments and a few very tasty guitar licks here. Fans of Grizzly Bear and Grandaddy would enjoy this.

Billy.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock.  Playing this via 1's and 0's upsampled by Roon.  Sounds a helluva lot better than I remembered, but I haven't played this for many years.  I'd forgotten what a great album this is.  

Image result for talk talk laughing stock

I love it when you stumble across an old gem.

• Like 4

It Bites - Tall Ships, was last nights bed time CD, 80's pop band with Francis Dunnery ( American life in the summertime fame) now reformed numerous times to have Lee Pomeroy and John Mitchell from Arena. Best described as Progressive Pop, very melodic and catchy.

cover_592162822010.jpg

38 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

In time for the concert?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Haha, yep!

Although I really have to try and have a listen of the album he's actually touring for this time. :D

Nina Simone: Little Girl Blue

Mono first US pressing on Bethlehem label.

I have a good deal of Nina's studio albums on vinyl, and US first pressings of a fair amount  of the early releases. IMO her superb early catalogue of albums were let down by less than stellar pressings by labels such as Bethlehem and Colpix. Serviceable enough, but I don't think any of her catalogue was given justice until her move to Philips and RCA Victor.

A lot of her middle period releases sound outstanding on vinyl while with those labels.

My opinion anyway. :)

20170207_185232.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 10