Currently Spinning

Tom Petty & the Hearbreakers - Echo.  original Euro pressing.   A guy that was not quite cool enough for me to take him seriously as a teenager.  Took til I was quite a bit older to fully appreciate the laid back brilliance that is Mr Petty.

32314041685_f71c8d56fd_h.jpg

Edited by Metamatic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

Tom Petty & the Hearbreakers - Echo.  original Euro pressing.   A guy that was not quite cool enough for me to take him seriously as a teenager.  Took til I was quite a bit older to fully appreciate the laid back brilliance that is Mr Petty.

Agree with your opinions. Have not listened to him until recently, say, two years or so... Now I'm slowly tracking down his music, which is pretty cool.

that's the good thing though also, there's still so much to explore!

40 minutes ago, betocool said:

Agree with your opinions. Have not listened to him until recently, say, two years or so... Now I'm slowly tracking down his music, which is pretty cool.

that's the good thing though also, there's still so much to explore!

If you are into vinyl, there  is the just released two box sets of his entire career.  76-93 and 94-14.   All analog mastering by Chris Bellman/Burnie Grundman.     does not get any better.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 0:12 PM, President Trump said:

A rather unusual and non linear playlist this morning in the tomb... Amy Winehouse is a guilty pleasure - but its a great and dynamic wee production...

IMG_20170114_120733.jpg

I think she'll get my Cool Kid Card rescinded though... Ah well. Ahhh... Medicine time... ;) 

News to me you had a cool kid card! ;)

Nothing uncool about Amy! Apart from her drug and alcohol abuse... 

• Like 1

RIDE - Carnival of light .

The sugden is pushing half of the 25w per side to this fantastic album .... and it's loud .

OMG! I listened to this album so often back in my high school days and I have somehow forgotten about this! Thanks for bringing back the memories.

You you have this on vinyl!? [emoji173]

30 minutes ago, Y B said:

OMG! I listened to this album so often back in my high school days and I have somehow forgotten about this! Thanks for bringing back the memories.

You you have this on vinyl!? emoji173.png

Max, Doesn't everyone? :D

Do you remember The Animalhouse?    the band lead singer Mark Gardener formed after Ride split up?    pretty good, but not as good as Ride.

31938564740_ea644dd0e8_b.jpg

Edited by Metamatic

Now I'm slowly tracking down his music,

FWIW

Best intro: Damn the Torpedoes

Best feel: Full Moon Fever

Best excitement: unreleased live shows up to 1978, also Pack Up the Plantation (for American Girl alone)

Best buy (the one they won't tell you about): The Live Anthology

Personal  'feels like an old shoe' companion: Hard Promises

Underestimated: Long After Dark

Best rocknroll animal: You're Gonna get It!

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown

7 hours ago, Metamatic said:

You have to be cool to hang with Dylan, Harrison, Lynne and the big O

2017-01-15-21-52-31-1732902854.jpeg.6f91
Rachel Yamagata - Tightrope Walker
I discovered Rachel on bandcamp mid last year, and have been impressed by everything she's done.
This is her latest album which I just stumbled across by accident on Tidal; well recorded and mixed, and one id highly recommend! ! [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Max, Doesn't everyone? [emoji3]

Oh I just thought the true Ride fans probably prefer their first two much lauded albums. Then the "younger me" didn't understand why critics love trashing this album as I absolutely preferred this album to their previous two.

I don't know how I would feel if I put my heart to listen to them all over again.

I was "exploring" a lot of other music then, I didn't like Tarantula that much so I didn't follow them afterwards and I didn't know about The Animalhouse. So another one to find out for me.

This http://www.bruguru.com/coopersvintageale.jpg

and this

http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/361713309344_/Chris-Rea-On-The-Beach-Near.jpg

Lovely laid back and understated guitar riffs throughout one side of the album. The other side is elevator muzak but  that first side...he nailed it.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Oren Ambarchi: Hubris

Hearing this for the first time, and really enjoying it too.

20170116_155721.jpg

A year ago I'd never even heard of Oren, but  thanks to this forum I listened to Quixotism and loved it. Been grabbing as much of his output as I can on vinyl since then. 

Only had Hubris for a couple of months now but its become one of my favourites for its raw energy.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Citroen said:

A year ago I'd never even heard of Oren, but  thanks to this forum I listened to Quixotism and loved it. Been grabbing as much of his output as I can on vinyl since then. 

Only had Hubris for a couple of months now but its become one of my favourites for its raw energy.

Assuming that you have Fire! with Oren Ambarchi : In the mouth - a hand?

It's superb, my favourite album that Oren plays on. :)

Edited by soundfan
correction
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Deerhunter: Fading Frontier

One of the best releases of 2015.

I'm assuming that you own Fire! with Oren Ambarchi: In the mouth - a hand?

Not strictly just Oren.......but its superb, and my favourite album that he plays on.

20170116_165812.jpg

Yep, that's a damn good one too. 

I think you'd like 

Keiji Haino / Jim O'Rourke / Oren Ambarchi (Tea Time For Those Determined To Completely Exhaust Every Bit Of This Body They've Been Given)

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 3

To Top