WTB: Multichannel amp

sfdoddsy

What do you call reasonably priced?

I'm thinking of moving on my Denon 1909 AVR, which is a 7.1 channel unit. I upgraded as I wanted pre-outs, and the remote had had a bit of a hard life (work perfectly though). Not sure if transport to Sydney might not be prohibitive though. Otherwise it is likely to become my bedroom or alfresco amplifier, as I don't want to give it to the daughters.

I haven't named a price as I honestly hadn't got to the point of finding out whether it was worth selling, but I've got some new speakers coming and now seems like a reasonable time to choose the old denon's fate.

Damian.

Have you looked at outlaw audio amplifiers on the US? Currently they have a 7 channel amplifier on sale for US$699. I expect that could make it to Australia for your budget and be brand new. Emotive used to have a similar product and price but I believe it is discontinued. Might be worth a look for you. I seriously considered the emotive product at one point and shipping wasn't as outrageous as I feared. Hopefully someone can make you a better offer with an amp in need of a good home locally.

Emotiva or outlaw!! :thumb: I am also looking for the same thing. I don't know if the american sold ones have multi voltage selectability though (I'm in canada atm) but I'll pop down to the local audio store and see which ones do. I will be planning on bringing mine back to AU so would rather not have to use a step down transformer (lets hope they have another primary winding on the internal transformer...)

• 4 weeks later...