Electronic currently spinning

Move D - kunststoff (source records ) 1995 

An unknown master piece to some  but an album that didn't get the attention for most , but thats underground right ? ?.

Solid tracks all all the way through . Deep house, ambient, with a hint of techno ..

IMG_2532.JPG

• Like 2

Looks like a friday night in!

I can't get enough of this atm. epic, haunting techno. It's nearly 20 minutes long, but go the distance.

Jichael Mackson - Breitling Orbiter on Swiss label Phictiv. The quality of production and the pressing is superb, it sounds incredible.

I have picked up a couple of his records lately, this is stand out.

Edited by Benny G
fixed link
  • Like 1

Melbourne SNA'ers

David Chesworth: 50 Synthesizer Greats

https://chaptermusic.bandcamp.com/album/50-synthesizer-greats

vinyl re launch at The Toff in Town 23 Sept

http://www.moshtix.com.au/v2/event/david-chesworth-with-special-guests-sky-needle-and-gregor-solo/97870?ref=RSS___facebook?ref=calendar&skin=1041

< TICKETS: $12.00 + bf / $15.00 on the door if available. Doors 7:30pm

Melbourne synth pioneer David Chesworth launches a vinyl reissue of his landmark 1979 debut 50 Synthesizer Greats. The album was recorded in late 1978 by David in his parents' lounge room, using a monophonic Mini Korg 700 synth, and released by David himself.

50 Synthesizer Greats was actually 37 tracks of minimal synth investigations, full of inquisitive humour and playful experimental spirit. Chapter Music has reissued the album with liner notes and photos from David, and two bonus tracks. David went on to form much-loved post-punk outfit Essendon Airport, became co-ordinator of renowned experimental music venue the Clifton Hill Community Music Centre, and founded the Innocent Records label with Tsk Tsk Tsk leader Philip Brophy.

He has since become a renowned contemporary classical composer and sound artist, commissioned to create a sound installation for the Sydney Olympics and represented in the 2015 Venice Biennale with partner Sonia Leber. 50 Synthesizer Greats is where it all began, and David will perform tracks from the album on the original synth used to make it. >

regards Ian

On 8/14/2017 at 6:42 PM, Benny G said:

too nostalgic atm, another bit of the 90's, Spacetime Continuum - Sea Biscuit

IZYISuT.jpg

Sea Biscuit has been a long time fave of mine. I can't remember if I have the original Fax CD or the Astralwerks CD, but any version is worth getting.

--Geoff

On 11/8/2010 at 7:01 PM, houdinifangs said:

Air - Moon Safari - An oldie but a goodie

Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir - drum & bass meets prog rock meets bootsy collins meets punk

Link?

On 6/24/2017 at 10:23 AM, metal beat said:

The Bug vs Earth - Concrete Jungle.  2LP + 12 inch.   Interesting how quite a few Earth fans hate him teaming up with Bug.  myself, awesome album of pulsating drone noise and deep wall shaking beats.  

MPO pressed - Coloured vinyl looks cool and is even quiet - but the 2nd dark brown marble pressing sounds better than the white marble which has the typical white vinyl sound of being slightly muted in the upper frequencies. 

btw - the 12 inch red vinyl with Jk Flesh providing some intense distorted death monsta vocals is insanely good. :thumb:

35363200151_cd4d65034f_b.jpg

A great collaboration. Sounds like it was meant to be, very natural. The most vociferous fans tend to be the most conservative. Their loss.

The red vinyl was quietest of all, the white and grey having a smidge of rumble. Interesting note about the rolled off highs with white vinyl; I think you're right. Further tests required. Did you notice the off-centred sides? Side A is the only one that is rock solid. The rest get progressively worse with each side. Mostly its not that noticeable but it bugs me when I can hear it. The dying seconds of Side D is audibly wobbly. Listen to that and the red EP and watch your tonearm Shane, then tell me you don't see it.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 2:16 PM, cafe67 said:

@metal beat and other John foxx  fans 

this is is rather good 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pickup.

Ah yes.  The Mark Reeder Underpass remix is a fav of mine.   never been on vinyl, but is on the Metatronic 2CD/1 DVD set from 2010. It has 8 live tracks from Foxx's sublime Sydney concert from the Metro

Now I had to play another remix of Underpass from 2013 :)

https://www.discogs.com/John-Foxx-Metatronic/release/2258079

36932949492_fdfdfe4770_b.jpg

• Like 1

Wrangler - White glue.  

2nd album from electronic supergroup’ features former Cabaret Voltaire member Stephen Mallinder, Tunng’s Phil Winter and Ben ‘Benge’ Edwards, who owns one of the finest analogue synth collections in the UK

if you think this will sound like a funky version of Cabaret Voltaire, Wolfgang Press and Kraftwerk drippping in analog synth goodness - you would be right :)

36268495414_62a82ec1f6_h.jpg

• Like 2

After waiting 10 years for BUrial to release his 3rd album, I have given up and bought a few of his 12 inch EP's.  This is the first to arrive.  tis good. 3 tracks - 30 minutes of eargasm - just drift away :thumb:

from 2012 -  Kindred.  on Hyperdub.

37012493036_8552ef1af1_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4
  • Love 1