bit of a tricky cable questions

Hi all

So my prospective new Integrated (Vitus RI-100) only has xlr/balanced pre-out. I want to use the pre-outs to connect my active sub (Sunfire HRS12) but the problem is that my sub only has RCA input. 

To complicate things a little further, by sub has dual (l/r) rca in, and I want to use one of the inputs for my Integrated (for music) and the other input from my Marantz AVR for Home Theatre duties. Of course the 2 would never be active at the same time, so cable 1 (left) would carry the signal from the AVR and cable 2 (right) would carry the signal from the Integrated. 

Running the cable from the AVR to sub isnt the problem, as the sub out is RCA. But running from the Vitus to sub is a little trickier. Now I could just use a simple XLR to RCA connector, but I need to use both XLR's to achieve summed Left and Right channels, so I also need a Y adapter. In my head it looks like this

Sub > RCA output > Y Adapter splits single RCA into 2 > RCA to XLR connector for each RCA > XLR input into Vitus left and right preout

Now I'm assuming that this would work, but I am hoping that someone a bit smarter than me can confirm that it would. 

Assuming that it will work, I am really uncomfortable with the number of cables and convertors going on and wondering if there is another way. Does a Y splitter with RCA at the single end and XLR at the double end exist? Or, would it be possible to get a cable made that had a single RCA at one end and a Dual XLR at the other? I don't mind shelling out good money, as I really value a high quality cable (my cabling is all Analysis Plus - solo crystal and Oval 9) and the current sub cable I am using is the Analysis Plus Super Sub. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Maybe, it's just an example the cable you asking about might be available, it'll be from a pro audio shop I reckon if anyone has it, alternatively there are guys on here that make cables on a regular basis they might be able to help.

https://factorysound.com/products/cyx401f

Edited by BATMAQN

Maybe an overkill for you ? but this is my setup.

My 2 subs and powered mains are shared between AVR and DAC. I use a Behringer DCX2496 to sum stereo DAC signals for use in subs, and as a switch between AVR and DAC.  Majority of connections are XLR but there are RCA outputs on AVR and one sub has only RCA inputs. Bought cables with XLR one end and RCA on other.

Tried to find a device which does switching, but they are professional grade and costly. Ended up using two second hand DCX2496s (which I familiar with). Two required because each DCX2496 has 3 inputs only.

Advantage of this approach is that each speaker and sub had 1 cable input and AVR pre-outs and DAC had 1 cable output per channel.  Cabling is relatively neat. No Y splitters required. Switching is electronic, AVR and DAC isolated from each other.

Relatively costly if buying new DCX2496s, not using its DSP capabilities other than sum.