Sign in to follow this  
Spinnergeoff

SOLD: 8 LPs (2 sets) Charlie Parker on Decca and EMI $120

Item: Charlie Parker with (mostly) Miles Davis as his main side man on trumpet. Volumes 1-5 Decca London, plus Vols. 1,2,3 of another set from the same period but on EMI.  
Price: $120 including postage to anywhere in Australia
Item Condition: very good
Reason for selling: doing a bit of a cull of my 2000 LP collection.
Payment Method: Direct deposit, Paypal.
Extra Info: These are classics and it's hard to get them as groups of discs like this. The covers are not too bad, but certainly not mint. The LPs themselves are good and very playable & enjoyable. Could perhaps do with a bit of a clean (dust is always hiding in there somewhere) and new inner sleeves, but they look fine and I've played most of them. They are artifacts from my days as a s/hand LP dealer! 

Pictures:

DSCF5198.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spinnergeoff
      Item: 25 LPs of Australian Jazz
      Price: $50
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: culling the LP collection
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Some of the covers are a bit damaged (I had to repair the stupid cutout front panel on the George Golla) but most are fine, and the LPs themselves are very good, perhaps could use a bit of dust removal, but look nice and shiny the way we like our vinyl to look. Four of the albums are 2LP so there's 25 discs in all, plus a free bonus disc (sleeve but no outer cover) of the Ray Price Quintet doing an educational record of Australian jazz since WW1. Labels include EMI, ABC, Cherry Pie, Festival and Swaggie. Postage $10 Sydney metro, $18 rest of Australia - if I can sneak them into a 5kg satchel - it'll be close! Pickup Baulkham Hills 2153.

Pictures:

• By CJDJ
      Item: Jazz LP’s from collection downsizing. All clean, and many cleaned with Okki Nokki vacuum machine. Many with outer sleeves. Full List with condition and prices at Dropbox. Sensibly priced. 
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mpkewnr12otjge/LPs Jazz Aug 2017.xlsx?dl=0

ITEMS MARKED IN RED = SOLD

Condition: Graded according to Goldmine/Record Collector guides. Most have been in my collection for many years and well looked after. Having said that I haven’t played many for some time, but will re-check visual condition prior to dispatch to pick up any anomalies.

Price: Individually marked or make an offer for the remainder. I’ve endeavored to price at the lower end of market value. 

Reason for selling: Downsizing collection.

Payment Method: Pay on pick-up, Cash, Paypal.

Extra Info: Postage for single LP $9.00. Multiple LPs around $15 to most Australian destinations for up to 5kg.

Pictures:

• By DutchNote
      Item: 200 Jazz CDs
      Price: $150 ONO
      Item Condition: Great
      Reason for selling: Not needed
      Payment Method: Pickup Abbotsford - Cash

Pictures:

• By Spinnergeoff
      I heard some of this guy's music on JazzRadio.com Premium, then scouted via Spotify to see whether he had complete discs worth pursuing. Sure enough, he's well represented there, and often has trio recordings with guitarists like Frank Vignola or Bucky Pizzarelli, as well as some solo piano and conventional trios (piano.bass,drums). This is relaxed in style but so well played that it bears repeated listening. A bit along the lines of Ruby Braff (trumpet) who always appears with talented side men and is so easy to take it's misleading as to the virtuosic skill being employed by all. Back to John Bunch, the discs to start with are Do Not Disturb, NY Swing, and Salute to Jimmy Van Heusen. I have been putting him on at early evening and letting it roll onward through the dinner hour.

• By gator2310
      Item: Eastman AR503CE-2
      Price: $1100 ono for SNA members - $50 to SNA
      Item Condition: Good to Very good
      Reason for selling: Too many guitars
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Selling this great Eastman Ar503. Its laminate back and sides with solid spruce top, very sweet , mellow guitar , plays perfectly. I have used it professionally for about 4 years so a bit of wear and tear especially around the end of the headstock but nothing at all damaging. Its an amazing jazz guitar and these Eastmans are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain in Oz - due to the company being very difficult for the distributors to deal with apparently. The guitars themselves are Chinese made, hand built to exacting standards - and I wish I could keep it but as most here know, new gear in , old gear out...
      I'll ship within Oz at buyers expense with hard case and it will be well packed.
      The guitar is in very good nick but there are some chips around the headstock (pictured) - which are part of its 'playing history'. The guitar has gigged all over Australia and is 'played in". Finished in deep sunburst with gold hardware , grover tuners and ebony fingerboard. This is a nice axe I am going to miss..
      Posted for sale elewhere.

Pictures: