Gieseler Audio

GIESELER Groß DAC official release

matth   

Hi guys,

it would be very helpful and much appreciated if someone can compare the Gieseler Groß DAC to one of the following DACs:

Crane Song Solaris

Holo Audio Spring 

Metrum Pavane 

PS Audio Directstream (not Junior)

Schiit Yggdrasil

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Matt

Edited by matth

Hi guys,

sorry but there is a slight delay in production.

Jensen had to actually make me a batch of transformers which only shipped today so I won't get those untill next week.

I'm heading away this Saturday but will be back on the 22nd so I will get back into production then. All other parts are now in stock including the USB only boards so there should be no more hold ups. Fortunately I did manage to get one finished so illbarto should receive his in the next few days.

RE update on the Singxer F1. Unfortunately it turns out this is not totally pin compatible with the Amanero so it's not going to work in the Groß DAC. It would be possible with a board redesign & quite a bit of firmware re-codeing but I don't have any plans for that at this stage. I did a sound comparison of the standard Amanero/USB input vs the Singxer F1 runing externally & then into the coax input. IMO the Amanero sounded better but this was to be expected as it had the advantage of a ultra low noise power source & only a single USB>I2S conversion. The Singxer was runing via the dirty pc power source plus multiple conversion process before reaching the DAC. eg. USB>I2S>S/PDIF>I2S 

I do have a new Singxer F1 coming from Shenzhen Audio witch  is now of no use to me so if someone wants one at a good price PM me.

Update - Eight units now sold!

Edited by Gieseler Audio

illbarto   

For those that have a Gross DAC on order I can very happily say I have had mine all weekend and am thoroughly impressed, thanks Clay

Wiffle   
For those that have a Gross DAC on order I can very happily say I have had mine all weekend and am thoroughly impressed, thanks Clay

Any more you'd like to add? Give us some deets!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

illbarto   

The only other DAC I've had through my current speakers is a Klein 2 and it's not even close. Vast improvement in every audible aspect.  Most noticeble for me was tightening up of the bass which I didn't even realise was an issue, and immense improvement in the soundstage, but to be honest I haven't really thought about it too much.  I had a couple of friends over for a listen on the weekend and I haven't really heard much other than strange and unfamiliar electronica since it arrived!